WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

It's like suffering the wealth of riches...we have so many options for great supers, we can pick and choose our movies now.  

I've missed 2 highly rated supers movies this year...before this year, I hadn't skipped a rotten tomatoes fresh supers movie since...I gave birth.  And I probably saw a few rotten ones...

Honestly, when you have so many good options, but limited funds, you get choosier...it spreads the wealth, but it's sad to see some of your choices suffer.  Spidey at $300M is fine...since I liked it as much as WW, I wish it was the same BO, but it's highly unlikely.  Lego Batman was actually sadder for me, b/c I loved the movie (as much as those 2 - yeah, I'll admit that for what it was, it was also a great A- movie - just a touch long) and Dick Grayson on screen and not sucktacular - YEAH!...and that limped in under $200M, when I can tell you I enjoyed it more than every winter animated movie that surpassed it:)...

It's probably more healthy for the market that we get a lot of high $100/200-$300M supers, than a few $500M ones with the rest at F4 numbers...but mentally, it's like "but this one was so much better...WHHHHHYYY?"  And then you think..."Well, it still made a ton of money, so all the studios will still make them, so why am I complaining...I'll just keep getting more and more options...and home video/Netlfix/Amazon/Red Box are there for me to catch up on the rest when we hit a lull":)...

I mean, next year, we may get, what, 10 great supers movies?  Odds I (or any normal GA) will be able to see all 10 in theater are not high, so I'll be picking based on trailers, timing, and favorite characters/concepts...but I'll probably eventually catch all 10:)...one or two undeperformers will probably again strike me as a shame, but I'll remember to be thankful again, since we could be in a fantasy phase, and not a supers phase:)...  

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

There's just no way to spin it. We were talking about this last night,  I don't see how you can spin a 62% drop into "great WOM".  Any other movie and we'd be saying it's a terrible drop,  so let it be terrible.  It's obviously going to make a nice profit, it's just not the "OMG AMAZING" movie we wanted it to be. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Remember how some of us said $300M would not happen for SS after the second weekend drop, let's wait for the third weekend at least. Or $500M for Beast after Boss Baby opened.

Thanks for putting a smile back on my face :sparta:

Well, not as much as those that were IN on Homecoming under TASM but more than those who thought it would breakout, it does very much appear that Homecoming being the third actor and sixth Spider-man movie within a 15 year span has had a much greater impact than I expected. I was wrong. But, $300M+ DOM is still very possible. One would have to believe it will stabilize and continue to take full advantage of the summer weekdays ahead through the July and August.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Actually, many do.

You seem to be the only one negative about it. 

I hope you're right at the end but i'll only feel 100% safe if i see Wonder with an 8th weekend at least with $4M

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

There's just no way to spin it. We were talking about this last night,  I don't see how you can spin a 62% drop into "great WOM".  Any other movie and we'd be saying it's a terrible drop,  so let it be terrible.  It's obviously going to make a nice profit, it's just not the "OMG AMAZING" movie we wanted it to be. 

If it had went up against a 100+mil opener or two openers that equalled that, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. If it were a Homecoming 2, I wouldn't bat an eyelash but none of those things are true so yeah I look at the drop as decidedly not good for a film that garnered such stellar reviews for a comic book blockbuster.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Unlike MOS it shouldn't drop - since August is empty - 59% in the 5th, 62% in the 6th weekend and another 59% in 7th weekend

but yall are acting dumb on purpose so..

No need for namecalling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Who would have thought that Spider-Man + Iron Man would be dominated by a space raccoon at the box office? :jeb!:

I didn't ,Honestly A 400/1bil was on my mind although the big B still can happen with many major markets yet to open.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If it had went up against a 100+mil opener or two openers that equalled that, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. If it were a Homecoming 2, I wouldn't bat an eyelash but none of those things are true so yeah I look at the drop as decidedly not good for a film that garnered such stellar reviews for a comic book blockbuster.

Maybe SM:HC just reminds kids of what they were trying to get away from all year ...School.

• Like 3