Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

Just now, 4815162342 said:

I mean odd in that I don't see any reason why Travis Knight would be a co-director

I really like what Knight has done with the Amulet franchise as well as Kubo and will probably be the main director but I also really want a female point of view behind the camera for the franchise.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I really like what Knight has done with the Amulet franchise as well as Kubo and will probably be the main director but I also really want a female point of view behind the camera for the franchise.

Which is fair but it is still odd to take two random people and have them co-direct

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Which is fair but it is still odd to take two random people and have them co-direct

Again I know and a very very very odd one at that.

To be 100% honest I considered Boden/Fleck for a while but CM didn’t completely wow me. I could also do 100% Amma Asante as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I agree with this. One of them can be in a producing role, but I would allow the film to have a defined voice from a singular director.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Pick one or the other I think he means lol

i think both of them have proven they can handle themselves 

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Pick one or the other I think he means lol

i think both of them have proven they can handle themselves 

I’ll give it to Btyhewood and have Knight write the script as well as produce then.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

@cayommagazine

Lesedi: The Phoenix Princess will be directed by Gina-Prince Bythewood (Perfect Match) with both Travis Knight and Noelle Stevenson producing the film as the latter will be executive producing from a script by Knight and Bythewood. The film is still on date for November 4th as it is Endless Entertainment’s number one priority on the live action side aside from Eyes as the plot and cast stay the same.

Travis Knight stepped down from directing due to his hands being tied to both the Amulet franchise from Hollywood Animation Studios and Cookie Pictures Animation’s upcoming The Legend Of Zelda: Secret Of The Guardians. Xavier B. Irving, a Bajan American man talked the importance of diversity at the studio saying that it allows the fullest expression of ideals and opinions which is important for making unique and strong films. 

Endless Animation and Ava DuVernay’s The Music In Me, was pushed to October 14th, Y6, in order for better legs and for rival’s Shining Star Animation’s Duck Hunt which now opens Thanksgiving weekend. Although unorothodox, after seeing Academy Award winner Sylvarius, pull near $260M domestic in a August-September timeframe, the strength the Endless Entertainment and Endless Animation has in the family audience and success of A Star is Born in that timeframe, it may work. 

Both Lesedi: The Phoenix Princess and The Music In Me are very big in the film industry. The former is the first $200M+ budgeted film by an African American woman and the latter is the first major animated movie by an African American women.

It is reported that Endless Entertainment hopes the benefit each other as Endless Entertainment has partnered with various companies for a massive marketing push for both of the tentpoles. On October 7th, Endless Entertainment will be dropping screenings The Music In Me at NYCC and the first 30 minutes of Lesedi and on October 14th, an event called #Octoberislit, Endless Entertainment will be funding a Comic Con style event for African American filmmakers as well as other filmmakers and actors of colors and sexuality with F. Gray Gray (Spark: Homeward, Green Lantern Corps), Jennifer Yuh Nelson (Spark: Beyond The Sky and Spark: A Hero’s Promise) and acclaimed actress Bex Taylor-Klaus (The Scavenger Wars Part II, Voltron: Legendary Defender) to discuss film as well as showcase some of the past works. 

• Like 2

@cayommagazine

Faith+1

From the sinners behind Pineapple Express and This Is The End, comes a comedy for the believers. In this satire about religion and faith stars Charlie Sanderson (Jay Baruchel), a down on his luck and rather neurotic screenwriter and his best friend Sydney Pod (Seth Rogen), a beloved yet leechourous Hollywood actor decide to make their own religion for profit, using Sydney’s fame, with the help of a few people key to helping the scam pay off (Charlize Theron, Daveed Diggs and Michael Cera). However as the two best friends plot for cash have negative consequences such as a radical group of followers with a devout leader (Danny McBride) and a woman who has become rather peculiar about the religion (Mindy Kaling) that Sydney finds himself attracted to.

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg will write, produce and direct the project as Infinite Studios will distribute. The project plans to open Y6/Y7.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

Faith+1

From the sinners behind Pineapple Express and This Is The End, comes a comedy for the believers. In this satire about religion and faith stars Charlie Sanderson (Jay Baruchel), a down on his luck and rather neurotic screenwriter and his best friend Sydney Pod (Seth Rogen), a beloved yet leechourous Hollywood actor decide to make their own religion for profit, using Sydney’s fame, with the help of a few people key to helping the scam pay off (Charlize Theron, Daveed Diggs and Michael Cera). However as the two best friends plot for cash have negative consequences such as a radical group of followers with a devout leader (Danny McBride) and a woman who has become rather peculiar about the religion (Mindy Kaling) that Sydney finds himself attracted to.

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg will write, produce and direct the project as Infinite Studios will distribute. The project plans to open Y6/Y7.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone would like a word with you @YourMother the Edgelord

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Daron Nefcy blacklisted from Blankments Productions; receives lifetime ban from studio backlot 

Speaking of... 

Daron Nefcy will only be receiving an executive producer credit for The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and... Dana, as the studio will use a different script.

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, Blankments said:

Daron Nefcy blacklisted from Blankments Productions; receives lifetime ban from studio backlot 

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Speaking of... 

Daron Nefcy will only be receiving an executive producer credit for The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and... Dana, as the studio will use a different script.

What happened in the series finale

• Like 1