CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

42 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't think that'll matter much.

Binoche. Good to know Chewy has seen it, tho.

I think it will.

Ask yourself how many people saw Sing Street for example in theaters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can count on one hand the amount of people here who have seen it including myself. If I exclude myself and add you in when you see it, that's still one hand.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't think that'll matter much.

Binoche. Good to know Chewy has seen it, tho.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ummmmm... Filmlover. Pink, Jayhawk, Chewy, you.... There has to be more than that?

I saw it too motherfuckers.  That's 7 right there.

4 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

Yes 4th

Imax was huge  in Queen st complex it was over 70% of its total and the Imax screen alone was over 60% higher than the #2 location

Per Rth, the single NZ IMAX screen made up a huge portion of Dunkirk's OW (in New Zealand). Probably won't be that skewed in the States but the I'd wager that those premium screens are doing a lot of legwork for the movie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Per Rth, the single NZ IMAX screen made up a huge portion of Dunkirk's OW (in New Zealand). Probably won't be that skewed in the States but the I'd wager that those premium screens are doing a lot of legwork for the movie.

Pretty sure Rallax or someone (DAJK?) mentioned that on Saturday GIRLS TRIP was selling more tickets than DUNKIRK but that DUNKIRK was handily outgrossing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrPink said:

Well...shit man.

I think the last few minutes in pretty much all of Nolan's movies are great. Insomnia, Prestige, etc. TDKR cheats a bit by basically piggybacking on the previous two films before it, but fuck it.

I love TDKR's last few minutes, and it makes sense that it would "piggyback" on the previous two (thought it kinda doesn't), it's supposed to be end of the trilogy after all.

• Like 1