CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

How my theater looks tomorrow:

Spoiler

Dunkirk:

10:45: 35/113

1:30: 17/113

4:15: 10/113

7:00: 23/113

9:50: 2/113

Girls Trip:

10:45: 11/78

1:45: 4/78

4:45: 4/78

7:45: 49/78

10:55: 2/124

Valerian:

10:25: 16/78

1:30 3D: 13/78

4:35: 6/78

7:40 3D: 5/78

10:50 3D: 2/78

SMH:

10:30: 6/78

1:20 3D: 0/60

4:00: 6/78

7:05 3D: 0/60

10:15: 9/60

Apes:

10:00: 0/124

11:00 3D: 4/78

12:00: 4/69

1:15: 2/124

2:15 3D: 0/78

3:15 3D: 0/69

4:30: 0/124

5:35 3D: 0/78

6:30 3D: 0/69

7:45: 6/124

8:45 3D: 0/78

9:45 3D: 0/69

10:40: 0/78

DM3:

11:00: 7/60

1:35: 2/78

4:30: 0/60

7:10: 0/78

9:35: 0/78

Dunkirk: 87/565

Girls Trip: 70/436

Valerian: 42/390

SMH: 21/336

Apes: 16/1,162

DM3: 9/354

The Big Sick and BD have sold 4 tickets each throughout the day, and WW and Wish Upon have sold nothing.

Why the FUCK did my theater keep Apes on 3 screens? They're going to be scrambling for more Dunkirk and Girls Trip showings this weekend.

Dunkirk is selling close to what Apes did with about one third of the showings and no 3D.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

This weekend just got even crazier.

You think it can't get crazier? Wrong. FOX found a way to reboot Fantastic Four and please everyone (except iJack) at the same time. Noah Hawley is developing a Doctor Doom movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I think 35M gets everyone happy tbh. Under 30M will generate meltdowns. 

Best keep to your expectations in check or else "Nolan is the savior who failed us" will be typed everywhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

How my theater looks tomorrow:

Reveal hidden contents

Dunkirk: 87/565

Girls Trip: 70/436

Valerian: 42/390

SMH: 21/336

Apes: 16/1,162

DM3: 9/354

The Big Sick and BD have sold 4 tickets each throughout the day, and WW and Wish Upon have sold nothing.

Why the FUCK did my theater keep Apes on 3 screens? They're going to be scrambling for more Dunkirk and Girls Trip showings this weekend.

Dunkirk is selling close to what Apes did with about one third of the showings and no 3D.

Wow they have a fuck ton of seats available for Apes. They must be expecting underperformances for Dunkirk and Girls Trip.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

That one will. Explain to elaborate?

It doesn't need to stray too far from last week's holds to get there; it just needs a slightly better Saturday increase. Given the weekdays, a 48% drop is more than reasonable.

• Like 1

NIKKI :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wow they have a fuck ton of seats available for Apes. They must be expecting underperformances for Dunkirk and Girls Trip.

I was BAFFLED when I saw this week's showtimes. How the fuck did Dunkirk not get two screens? Were they not paying any attention to how Apes performed last weekend and throughout the week? Wish Upon and WW are prime candidates to have showtimes shred over the weekend for more capacity there.

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It's like that for North Shore too. Apes holds onto 11 showings. Which is one less than Dunkirk and more than Valerian and Girls Trip put together.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It doesn't need to stray too far from last week's holds to get there; it just needs a slightly better Saturday increase. Given the weekdays, a 48% drop is more than reasonable.

Still, if anything due to July it's weekdays would be stronger with weaker weekends. SMH is likely to increase 35% for Saturday at most.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I was BAFFLED when I saw this week's showtimes. How the fuck did Dunkirk not get two screens? Were they not paying any attention to how Apes performed last weekend and throughout the week? Wish Upon and WW are prime candidates to have showtimes shred over the weekend for more capacity there.

Seems sort of insane that Dunkirk and Girls Trip put together have less seats available than Apes.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Wait that's a thing

That's So Raven was huge when I was growing-up.

18 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

The real big box office related story of the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Seems sort of insane that Dunkirk and Girls Trip put together have less seats available than Apes.

Seriously. It makes zero sense. Giving Valerian another screen would have made more sense than keeping Apes on three ffs!

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Seriously. It makes zero sense. Giving Valerian another screen would have made more sense than keeping Apes on three ffs!

...heh lets not go that far :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You think it can't get crazier? Wrong. FOX found a way to reboot Fantastic Four and please everyone (except iJack) at the same time. Noah Hawley is developing a Doctor Doom movie.

Nah this will piss off anyone who realizes the potential of having FF, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Kang the Conqueror, the Skrulls, etc join the MCU.

Which is millions of Marvel fans.

I enjoyed Civil War and look forward to Infinity War. It would suck if Guardians, Dr. Strange, Hulk, etc were being squandered at other studios.  Each character adds an important element to Marvel Universe, including FF.

X-men is different since they have a separate theme and tone from the rest of Marvel Universe.

• Like 2