CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Movies that I am looking forward to, but clearly go wrong somewhere in the process due to which they end up bombing both critically and commerically deserve to get a lot of shit from everyone including me. 

2015- fant4stic

2016 - IDR
2017 - Valerian

2018 - 

Valerian's reception is nowhere near as bad as the other two.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Valerian's reception is nowhere near as bad as the other two.

Agree. Tarzan, which got soundly rejected by RT, did 3.2x+. Val could be more Tarzan than IDR (not final BO wise, but legs wise ... say 18.5 ow/3x/55 dom) ... for all we know.

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

No numbers yet and there's already freakouts?

Goddamn.

Post super-early and super-inaccurate numbers for Spidey, I think Deadline will wait it out and post normal-early estimates. 3-4 hours from now..

Just got back from Valerian... At 3AM :lol:

I wasn't big on it overall. First act was honestly great, second act was Jupiter Ascending bad, third act was an improvement but it never fully recovered.

Edited by DAJK
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Marveldcfox somehow has been able to be more annoying than thatoneguy with his hatred towards valerian.

Well in a CBM. Every hero needs an arch nemesis.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

For the sake of hilarity and entertainment, let's all join hands in an on-line prayer circle to hope that the unpredictable BO gods open Girls Trip to 39 and Dunkirk to 38.:stirthepot:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

So does anybody want to bet on which page @That One Guy is gonna have his epic meltdown about Valerian's bombage. I'm thinking O/U Page 50.

Previews should be in a couple of hours...so O/U page 10 :circles:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Honestly think closer to 9.5-10

That's WONDR territory (9.4x). Now that had great previews to OW mullti for a CBM, but not in general. For eg WAR OF APES did 11.24x as a non-CBM and still was a sequel. So I don't see less than 12x for a non-CBM non-sequel like DUNKIRK.

Edited by a2knet