CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

Bruh Dunkirk is the real fucking deal. I like Nolan but I thought it was being overhyped but nah....shit actually exceeds reasonable expectation. Also the entire crowd burst into applause so idk if it's gonna be that divisive. I think the opening weekend crowd for this is either Nolan-enough or smart enough to understand a movie beyond quips and setpieces, tbf.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Bruh Dunkirk is the real fucking deal. I like Nolan but I thought it was being overhyped but nah....shit actually exceeds reasonable expectation. Also the entire crowd burst into applause so idk if it's gonna be that divisive. I think the opening weekend crowd for this is either Nolan-enough or smart enough to understand a movie beyond quips and setpieces, tbf.

Our crowd was pretty silent immediately after, but crowd was pretty talkative after and not necessarily in a bad way.

Basically, idk.

OD in NZ is higher than:

War for the Planet of the Apes

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Transformers: The Last Knight

The Mummy

Wonder Woman

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Alien: Covenant

Kong Skull: Island

Logan

etc etc

Only ones higher I believe are BATB, F8 and GOTG2.

• Like 5

Based on the AUS/NZ numbers, I'm feeling 50M+ OW for Dunkirk. I think they might be over-performing in both of those countries since they are closer (culturally) to the UK, but they're still a good sign for the USA OW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think 60% drop for Apes is happening.

And 50-52% for Homecoming. Which will put it O/U Val for the weekend.

Girls Trip with 25+ should be #2 behind Dunkirk which probably will challenge Interstellar.

• Like 1