CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

In the case of TOG and Valerian, he got lucky because there was a big enough opener on the same weekend tbh. Kingsman ain't no Dunkirk, tho.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

TBH The only other films that will get early threads will be Justice League and Star Wars. Ninjago and Kingsman won't attract the same amount of traffic. 

I know. I'm just kidding around.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

In the case of TOG and Valerian, he got lucky because there was a big enough opener on the same weekend tbh. Kingsman ain't no Dunkirk, tho.

YourMother has high hopes for Ninjago outgrossing Kingsman on OW! September is going to be interesting, I reckon there's two films that have the potential to break the September record, one is Kingsman, the other is It.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

YourMother has high hopes for Ninjago outgrossing Kingsman on OW! September is going to be interesting, I reckon there's two films that have the potential to break the September record, one is Kingsman, the other is It.

Nah 🅱. Beast OW or bust.

Spoiler

I'm actually expecting a $30M-$40M OW for Ninjago, and $50M-$55M for Kingsman 2, I can see a Dragon 2/22JS scenario happen ($60M for K2, $47M for Ninjago).

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Nah 🅱. Beast OW or bust.

Hide contents

I'm actually expecting a $30M-$40M OW for Ninjago, and $50M-$55M for Kingsman 2, I can see a Dragon 2/22JS scenario happen ($60M for K2, $47M for Ninjago).

$50-55m is doable for Kingsman IMO, Ninjago I think $30-35m OW. Higher than Storks but lower than Lego Batman

• Community Manager
40 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Of course it is, buddy :)

Hide contents

No early thread will be created, as you know.

Hey we don't know that yet. It's not like we have a masterlist of films getting weekend threads early.

Having said that probs not.

• Haha 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I swear to Chris these predictions better not fuck me over in my games:

Dunkirk: 47M

Girls Trip: 33M

Spider-Man: 22.9M

Apes: 22.6M

Valerian: 16M

I'm sticking to my original Dunkirk prediction even though everything and everyone tells me I'm crazy. Probably should have upped my Girls Trip prediction: that one looks like a sleeper hit but more due it's legs than a super strong OW.

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm sticking to my original Dunkirk prediction even though everything and everyone tells me I'm crazy. Probably should have upped my Girls Trip prediction: that one looks like a sleeper hit but more due it's legs than a super strong OW.

The Deep Wang presales made me consider dropping GT below 30M, but it performed REALLY strong at my theater tonight. I'm no longer questioning its rural appeal.

Edited by WrathOfHan