Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$7.38M | GT:$4.44M | SMH:$4.13M | APES:$3.32M | DP3:$2.85M | BD:$1.14M

If I was predicting, I would say Dunkirk will have the softest drop, due to both the Imax viewings and the increased share on MT from Tuesday (so it should have had more of the market yesterday, thus a softer drop than the rest:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

17 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

3D ratios gonna totally collapse without IMAX propping it up. I didn't get to see Force Awakens in IMAX due to this rigid insistence on 3D shows. But I am excited to see Last Jedi, Blade Runner, and Infinity War in 2D IMAX. 

Speaking of which, I did notice the other day that the Blade Runner trailer says "3D and IMAX," which I thought was strange. The IMAX announcement today confirmed that they intend to have Blade Runner in 2D IMAX. 

Yeah, history repeats itself.....3D is big for a while then collapases. It's a gimmick that is cool for a while,then gets old. Been that way since 1952.

3D will become a standard when a way is found to do it without the glasses. I understand James Cameron is spending a lot of money trying to do that. Interesting if he succeeds.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2