Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$7.38M | GT:$4.44M | SMH:$4.13M | APES:$3.32M | DP3:$2.85M | BD:$1.14M

37 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I certainly will. Will go on a tirade against American taste if it cracks 25 million. 

Taste has nothing to do with it. Rather, it's about how many American parents need a way to keep their kids entertained for a couple of hours without enduring the summer heat or a home based insanity.

• Like 2

Again those that have been griping about DM3 or in this case Emoji Movie, with a few exceptions, do not have kids and do not understand the parental thought process. The comment the other day about Star Wars being kid friendly and yet wondering why Norm of the North made money just assumes that all parents let all age kids go to any film that is deemed "ok" for families....

Yall will understand one day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

Nigel "Mr Brexit" Farage attempts to jump on the Dunkirk bandwagon:

I got a slight twinge of never wanting to watch the movie again but my love for Nolan overrode it

12 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Again those that have been griping about DM3 or in this case Emoji Movie, with a few exceptions, do not have kids and do not understand the parental thought process. The comment the other day about Star Wars being kid friendly and yet wondering why Norm of the North made money just assumes that all parents let all age kids go to any film that is deemed "ok" for families....

Yall will understand one day.

No way my parents would have let me go to Star Wars at age 7. Some parents are just strict.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Mummy at 31.7M and Cloudy 2 at 34M. One of those is SPA :rofl: 

SPA is good at ripping nearly 4,000 theaters off for their shitty movies.  They have that going for them at least!

The Star is gonna break the theater count record.  WATCH.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I always just assumed Emoji Movie would be a hit.

Parents take their kids to see any old shit as long as it's a cartoon.

And speaking of that, has anyone noticed how nearly all family movies made today are animated?

I guess between all of the animation studios and superheroes, there isn't room for anything else.

Edited by cannastop
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm disappointed in The Star. On Paper it could have been a bigger hit and done so much more.

HT3 is going to do decent ($400M-$500M) WW imo, what are your predictions for The Animated Miles Morales Spider-Man movie.

53 / 205 currently, Christmas legs should help.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

SPA is good at ripping nearly 4,000 theaters off for their shitty movies.  They have that going for them at least!

The Star is gonna break the theater count record.  WATCH.

Hopefully Lord/Miller's Spider-Man: The Animated Movie is good and gets a good theater count.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

And speaking of that, has anyone noticed how nearly all family movies made today are animated?

I guess between all of the animated studios and superheroes, there isn't room for anything else.

Kids ain't got time for real people. Too ugly

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I guess between all of the animated studios and superheroes, there isn't room for anything else.

On the release schedule, we still have Jumanji, War with Grandpa, Daddy's Home 2 (debatable), Wonder, Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Magic Camp, Barbie, Goosebumps 2, etc  All of the Disney live-action shitmakes too, and even the Marvel/Star Wars films attract families as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

53 / 205 currently, Christmas legs should help.

I think so also. $150M-$200M is my range. 2018 will be their comeback year and 2020 is their true test when they have three originals with potential under a new approach which they hope will be their DM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

On the release schedule, we still have Jumanji, War with Grandpa, Daddy's Home 2 (debatable), Wonder, Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Magic Camp, Barbie, Goosebumps 2, etc  All of the Disney live-action shitmakes too, and even the Marvel/Star Wars films attract families as well.

Even DCEU slate can attract families, Shazam can potentially be their Spider-Man in terms of attracting families.

• Like 1