Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$7.38M | GT:$4.44M | SMH:$4.13M | APES:$3.32M | DP3:$2.85M | BD:$1.14M

Even 1 theater would be too much for the **** Emoji movie.

God, ive never rooted for a film to be a failure. Never. This is it. It woudnt be good for the art of filmmaking if this "movie" would be succesfull.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't expect all rises to be muted...Girls Trip had a really good day yesterday on MT.com rankings, as did DM3...I'd expect at least those 2 movies to have Tuesday rises possibly above Dunkirk and WW (MAYBE Spidey, too, but not as sure on that one)...

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't expect all rises to be muted...Girls Trip had a really good day yesterday on MT.com rankings, as did DM3...I'd expect at least those 2 movies to have Tuesday rises possibly above Dunkirk and WW (MAYBE Spidey, too, but not as sure on that one)...

Yeah they will likely be higher. I'm just speaking relatively as in what was a 35% jump last week might be more like high 20s.. Should be a fair amount of movies with a better than WW jump.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Also as of late muted Tuesday's haven't really been offset by softer Wednesday's.... Dunkirk with its high % of Imax will be the exception but don't start expecting it from every film with a low Tuesday bump. Obviously Monday was inflated for some reason. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Sony seems to throwing ideas against the wall and seeing what sticks and it's resulted in films like Emoji and The Star. For all the slack Illumination get, they've much better than SPA 

The irony is both WAG and Paramount Animation competed for Emoji Movie in a auction.

• Like 1

Jumanji, Homecoming, and BD (also The Star thanks to that sub $20M budget even if it underperforms) are going to give Sony some nice cash as previously slated but 2018 is their true test for survival. They have two Spider-Man movies in 2018 which could cause more fatigue, 4 SPA films, and older franchises like Bad Boys back, and potential new franchises in Alpha, Barbie, and Watson and Holmes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Jumanji, Homecoming, and BD (also The Star thanks to that sub $20M budget even if it underperforms) are going to give Sony some nice cash as previously slated but 2018 is their true test for survival. They have two Spider-Man movies in 2018 which could cause more fatigue, 4 SPA films, and older franchises like Bad Boys back, and potential new franchises in Alpha, Barbie, and Watson and Holmes.

Also forgetting about Proud Mary in January 2018 Screen Gems is also Sony as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Maxmoser3 said:

Also forgetting about Proud Mary in January 2018 Screen Gems is also Sony as well.

I also forgot Slenderman too. I'll edit it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

The Star looks pretty bad from the first trailer so I imagine that's another sub $50m domestic film, 

The Star just seems like an mediocre animated films. I don't think it has much of a hook for audiences.

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

HT3 and Animated Spider-Man will save them.

I could see HT3 underperforming, but the Spider-Man animated film should do pretty well over Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dunkirk:

7.4M (+15%)

5.9M (-20%)
5.3M (-10%)

8.5M (+60%)

11.9M (+40%)

8.7M (-27%)

29.4M Weekend, 42% drop

WW:

870k (+19%)
695k (-20%)

660k (-5%)

1M (+55%)

1.4M (+38%)

1M (-28%)

3.4M Weekend, 26% drop

Even WrathOfHan has predicted a freaking 26% weekend drop for WW. Where were the old days, dude?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Star just seems like an mediocre animated films. I don't think it has much of a hook for audiences.

I could see HT3 underperforming, but the Spider-Man animated film should do pretty well over Christmas.

I'm disappointed in The Star. On Paper it could have been a bigger hit and done so much more.

HT3 is going to do decent ($400M-$500M) WW imo, what are your predictions for The Animated Miles Morales Spider-Man movie.

• Like 1