Finnick

Thursday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$5.19M | GT:$3.17M | SMH:$2.77M | APES:$2.02M | GRU:$1.96M | WW:$0.65M .....NOT THE WW OSCAR PUSH THREAD (take it to the WW thread)

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

A sequel of which movie ? Jurassic Park 3 ? Didn't saw that one, so you could be right, but it felt like a reboot to me, I didn't had the impression to have missed much of the story because I had not seen JP3, same could be said for JP2 to it is in fact probably better for continuity to not consider them. Felt a lot like a reboot to me. That would be like not calling Ghostbuster a reboot just because the studio didn't want to use the word (while they were calling it a reboot internally)

Its a reboot/quel like TFA. Its both at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If Spider-Man homecomings run it's astonishing then what is Wonder Woman's run? I'd categorize Wonder Woman's run as astonishing. I don't think the word astonishing should just be thrown out for every movie.

I Think Spideys Run is great not astonishing & Wonder Woman's was Phenomenal

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If Spider-Man homecomings run it's astonishing then what is Wonder Woman's run? I'd categorize Wonder Woman's run as astonishing. I don't think the word astonishing should just be thrown out for every movie.

Insane. Out of this world amazing. Stuff that don't happen often at all. Just like SM1 and TA before WW. Wasn't GotG's run astonishing and people claimed it as such until this day? 

• Like 1

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Insane. Out of this world amazing. Stuff that don't happen often at all. Just like SM1 and TA before WW. Wasn't GotG's run astonishing and people claimed it as such until this day? 

Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man runs were absolutely astonishing. And so were The Avengers and The Dark Knight's because of how huge they opened.

I feel like discussion which run is more amazing is a great way to spend time, folks. I will give my hot take on it.

Spoiler

Get Out is more amazing than any other movie's run you guys are screaming about.

• Like 6

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

If SMH had an astonishing run there wouldn't be an argument.

You wouldnt even have the need to tell it.

Astonishing runs are easily recognisable.

It's 2012 all over again. TA's run was freaking out of this world. Downright insane. The boards were on freaking fire. I don't like TDKR as much as many people, but I've always concede that TDKR's run was amazing. At the end of SM:H run it'd be around $70m-$50m short of WW domestically, with a bigger ww number. Was TDKR's run meh/not great because of The Avengers? Of the fucking course that it wasn't. 

Just now, CJohn said:

I feel like discussion which run is more amazing is a great way to spend time, folks. I will give my hot take on it.

Hide contents

Get Out is more amazing than any other movie's run you guys are screaming about.

Strongly agree. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It doesn't matter if it doesn't felt like a reboot to you. It is a sequel,

Isn't pretty much all that matter when talking about box office, how it did feel ?

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

even Dr. Ian Malcolm is coming back for the next film

And ? He was not in Jurassic world, we cannot use nothing from JW2 (that was maybe not even planned not that it would matter) to talk about JW 1.

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

SMH's run may not be spectacular but it's not meh/neutral either. It's at the very least good. If it does 850+ I will call it great.

Exactly, some people care because Marvel fans is trying to prove SMH run is spectacular, but people trying to prove SMH run is meh is equally annoying.

56 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I would call SM:H's run many things, but "astonishing" is not one of them.

Decent, alright, not-bad, nothing-to-sneeze at?  Sure.

Astonishing? Not really.

Id call it kinda meh. Theres nothing great or even good about it. 63% drop and a 50% drop in week two and three is hardly great. Itll end with a bit less than 2.6x. Fine no doubt. But hardly great.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

There's a block near my neighbourhood that has 4 corners (obviously).  There is one regular Tim Horton's, then there is a drive-thru only on the adjacent corner (in an Esso gas station) and another drive-thru only on another corner in a Shell station.  Then, one block down the road in the southern direction, there is another full TH and then two blocks north, is another full TH.  And they all do well.  It's fucking insane here.  

Tim Horton's is equal to Wawa then lol What you described is exactly how Wawa is. If you ever come to the philly area you have to try it 

• Like 2