Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Adjusted for Inflation, DM still has to gain ground on Shrek. That was just the shit in the 2000s in terms of animation. But the inevitable Minions 2, Despicable Me 4 and 5 and 6, 7,8,25, will do that.

Now im really hoping for an Annabelle breakout. Reviews are fantastic, the marketplace is empty, especially for horror movies.

Keep in mind that the exchange rates now are far worse than during the Shrek time. So the DM franchise would have made a lot more overseas if it was in the 2000s exchange rate (Russia and the UK alone would have added hundreds of millions across the 4 films). It would have beaten it in all cases and that's with 4 films only - compared to 5 for Shrek

Edited by MinaTakla

So the short, silly version of the story is that I flew to San Francisco yesterday to see DUNKIRK in 70mm IMAX. 

The slightly longer, more rational version of the story is I flew to San Francisco yesterday to visit my parents and then I took my dad to see DUNKIRK in 70mm IMAX. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

So the short, silly version of the story is that I flew to San Francisco yesterday to see DUNKIRK in 70mm IMAX. 

The slightly longer, more rational version of the story is I flew to San Francisco yesterday to visit my parents and then I took my dad to see DUNKIRK in 70mm IMAX. 

The first story sounds better.

Actually, it sounds better if you took a boat

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

SF Metreon is the biggest American IMAX screen outside NYC. Very nice! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Apes at 278m ww

$130,280,255    46.9%
Foreign:  $147,756,802    53.1%

= Worldwide:  $278,037,057

Was on 106 OS last weekend, so added 41-42 over the whole week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Nice to see that Sony didn't fudge it to 20 million. The drop they gave it is actually a pretty good Sunday drop.

Hopefully the Sunday drops will not be so harsh this week. We are counting on your Canadian friends who have a holiday tomorrow to boost the box office today. :)

11 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Did you catch up on the thread? I think @That Floating Guy might need to be suspended for a month for taking this thread down weird topics.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hopefully the Sunday drops will not be so harsh this week. We are counting on your Canadian friends who have a holiday tomorrow to boost the box office today. :)

What are the 10 largest IMAX screen in North America?