CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

No one asked for my opinion regarding the JL thread and I know no one is going to care for it. But here it goes.

Let me just say that I have no idea why it got closed down. As I said before I haven't visited in months....since probably when Snyder left the project. 

I am going to assume that it just got very toxic like every DC thread does for some reason. I've only been on these forums for about a year and a few months and it seems anytime one of these films comes out, it creates a toxic environment. I feel like members know better by now. We've been through this over and over again. The rules are pretty clear. The mods give moderation notes (I am sure of this). I feel like the thread can't stay closed forever....I don't think it's fair for other members especially those of us who had no part in why it got closed down. Personally, if a member is being toxic on the regular or their pattern of behavior is the same THEY should get banned permanently from the thread. No more warnings. No more weekly bans. Just ban them permanently. The mods have given enough warnings. Some members know how to engage in a conversation about these films. Some members know when it's time to stop and walk away. And those that don't....well they're the ones that should get punished. 

I know it's not an easy thing to do but I feel like that's what's most "fair." 

If you don't know how to discuss a movie without getting personal, getting nasty, always being negative, dismissing someone's opinion because you don't agree with it, then you shouldn't be able to discuss the movie. And maybe you shouldn't be on forums in general because clearly your mental well being needs some shaping up. 

Just my two cents 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Annabelle will probably drop to 15-16M (legs will start to show up in weeks 3 and 4 when there's no competition). 

Hitman's Bodyguard I think has a shot at mid-20's. Logan Lucky will do well in a lot of flyover states, but not enough to crack 15M.

I'll be surprised if The Hitman's Bodyguard does beyond teens tbh. The marketing campaign has been pretty weak and Reynolds has never been a reliable box office draw.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

You guys can mock me for my mother! prediction right now, but I'm getting some major Split vibes from it in terms of buzz.

Split didn't open in between two more appealing movies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sony just went release date crazy. Check all the threads @That Floating Guy just posted in for the details.

Interesting enough. Silver and Black opens the same day as Lego Movie 2, and a week before Bride of Frankenstein and an untitled X Men movie.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Soldado (the Sicario sequel) being dated for around 4th of July seems like the biggest sign of confidence, only other movies currently set for that date are comedies (I Feel Pretty, Tag).

Barbie moving to early August is a great move. Will be a popular choice for little girls to see right before heading back to school.

• Like 2

IMO next in release date shuffle could be VENOM. Do you think they gonna release it in a year?

Also,

Spider-Man allies and antagonists, Marvel’s Silver Sable and Black Cat will get their own movie Silver and Black which will open on Feb. 8, 2019 with Gina Prince-Bythewood directing.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/silver-and-black-marvel-sony-movie-sicario-2-holmes-and-watson-bad-boys-3-release-dates-1202147448/

Edited by a2knet

Silver and Black can be in a bad spot, it opens the week before an untitled X Men movie and Bride of Frankenstein. Lego 2 needs to move if Silver and Black stays.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

No one asked for my opinion regarding the JL thread and I know no one is going to care for it. But here it goes.

Let me just say that I have no idea why it got closed down. As I said before I haven't visited in months....since probably when Snyder left the project. 

I am going to assume that it just got very toxic like every DC thread does for some reason. I've only been on these forums for about a year and a few months and it seems anytime one of these films comes out, it creates a toxic environment. I feel like members know better by now. We've been through this over and over again. The rules are pretty clear. The mods give moderation notes (I am sure of this). I feel like the thread can't stay closed forever....I don't think it's fair for other members especially those of us who had no part in why it got closed down. Personally, if a member is being toxic on the regular or their pattern of behavior is the same THEY should get banned permanently from the thread. No more warnings. No more weekly bans. Just ban them permanently. The mods have given enough warnings. Some members know how to engage in a conversation about these films. Some members know when it's time to stop and walk away. And those that don't....well they're the ones that should get punished. 

I know it's not an easy thing to do but I feel like that's what's most "fair." 

If you don't know how to discuss a movie without getting personal, getting nasty, always being negative, dismissing someone's opinion because you don't agree with it, then you shouldn't be able to discuss the movie. And maybe you shouldn't be on forums in general because clearly your mental well being needs some shaping up. 

Just my two cents 

Sometimes I think worse than just one toxic post is a member who has to reply to every  critique of the movie. There are folks who hover around like vultures and moment they see one aspect of their beloved movie being not appreciated they swoop in with you-are-wrongzies, ready to duel you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

IMO next in release date shuffle could be VENOM. Do you think they gonna release it in a year?

Also,

http://deadline.com/2017/08/silver-and-black-marvel-sony-movie-sicario-2-holmes-and-watson-bad-boys-3-release-dates-1202147448/

Black Cat! Yes! I was always annoyed by Spiderman movies revolving around boring MJ and semi-boring Gwen (talking about Raimi/Webb versions). I always wanted BC. Woo-hoo!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Silver and Black can be in a bad spot, it opens the week before an untitled X Men movie and Bride of Frankenstein. Lego 2 needs to move if Silver and Black stays.

Lego 2 is not direct comp. Venom is R-rated and so Silver and Black even if not R-rated will be similar in tone and vastly different from Lego. Bride of Frankenstein may be a 30m opener, so no big deal imo. Opening a week before an X-Men movie seems bad but is that movie really on schedule? I don't know what that X-Men movie is.

This article says June 7th and Nov 22nd are the 2 reserved dates for X-Men 2019

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/30/x-men-movies-release-dates-2018-2019-2020-2021/#3

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

Lego 2 is not direct comp. Venom is R-rated and so Silver and Black even if not R-rated will be similar in tone and vastly different from Lego. Bride of Frankenstein may be a 30m opener, so no big deal imo. Opening a week before an X-Men movie seems bad but is that movie really on schedule? I don't know what that X-Men movie is.

Still opening next to two superhero movies is bad news for Lego and opening next a superhero movie is bad for Silver. Unless that untitled XMen movie is X-Force, Lego 2 should move.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Sometimes I think worse than just one toxic post is a member who has to reply to every  critique of the movie. There are folks who hover around like vultures and moment they see one aspect of their beloved movie being not appreciated they swoop in with you-are-wrongzies, ready to duel you.

When it comes to these types of films....I already know exactly which posters your talking about. One of them involves Brain in the name. The other one involves Jack in the name. There are a handful of others but I know for a fact that these two had to be involved in some way. 

• Like 1