Spidey Freak

Wed Numbers: AC - 740K Dunkirk - 505K WW - 180K

More than likely Homecoming will be in the top ten for its 9th consecutive week. That is a heck of an accomplishment. But I wonder whether those who think that WW would have made ~360 with more competition think that Homecoming would have made ~290 with more competition? Personally, I think the point is futile. Just curious though. I am happy that the CBM saved the summer. I cannot imagine the summer box office without Guardians 2, WW and Spidey. They are worth celebrating for what they actually accomplished rather than lamenting or over analyzing what ifs. Alas, this is a box office site, however, so I guess that's what we're supposed to do. Cheers! 

• Like 3

Sony releases:

> NO CHANGE
22 20 All Saints Sony / Columbia 846 - - - - - -

> DECLINING

10 7 The Emoji Movie Sony / Columbia 2,108 -266 -11.2% - - - - 6
11 10 Spider-Man: Homecoming Sony / Columbia 2,036 -86 -4.1% - - - - 9
12 8 The Dark Tower Sony / Columbia 1,820 -518 -22.2% - - - - 5
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I would have preferred if something other than funny book movies had been dominating the summer, but whatever.  The closest we got was Dunkirk.

Yeah, if we debated the details and accuracies of WW2 dramas for months it would be awesome.  :sparta:

We can argue if Dunkirk or Saving Private Ryan had better Naval battles for weeks. :sparta:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't see Leap! staying over it.

It depends on what type of hold can Wind River pull. I am thinking on an under 10% increase. That is enough to keep it over Leap, IMO, but Wind River might also decrease a bit.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Are we even going to get a weekend thread before the 3 PM update? :ohmygod: 

Someone should start the thread with the title "Numbers of DOOM: Labor Day Weekend Thread" or something to make things seem more exciting than they will be.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Oh boy, I absolutely cannot WAIT for Tulip Fever to come out tomorrow.  I've been anticipating the movie for so long.  I'm going with my entire family to see it and I can't wait.  I'll be sure to track its exciting box office run.

I might see it on my bathroom. Parts of it. The best ones.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sony releases:

> NO CHANGE
22 20 All Saints Sony / Columbia 846 - - - - - -

> DECLINING

10 7 The Emoji Movie Sony / Columbia 2,108 -266 -11.2% - - - - 6
11 10 Spider-Man: Homecoming Sony / Columbia 2,036 -86 -4.1% - - - - 9
12 8 The Dark Tower Sony / Columbia 1,820 -518 -22.2% - - - - 5

FINALLY Homecoming has more theaters than freaking TDT and lost way less than Emoji. It too you long enough, Sony. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

I might see it on my bathroom. Parts of it. The best ones.

Haha, that's a good one!  Doing that is like the equivalent of watching The Last Jedi on a shitty pirated copy.  You almost got me there, I thought you were serious for a second.

Just now, That Tulip Guy said:

Haha, that's a good one!  Doing that is like the equivalent of watching The Last Jedi on a shitty pirated copy.  You almost got me there, I thought you were serious for a second.

Of course I was just joking. Of course.

Spoiler

:ph34r:

• Astonished 1