CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

16 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Whattttttttttt 13.5m Damn late to the party, but my jaw dropped. Was expecting 8-10.  Probably will land in the 90's. Crossing fingers for 100m though. 

47M OD according to early THR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Using preview to OD multis from other horror films:

Split: 98.6M (7.3x)

Insidious 3: 88.6M (6.56x) 

Get Out: 81M (6x)

Alien Covenant: 51.7M (3.83x)

ICAN: 48.2M (3.57x)

Annabelle Creation: 46M (3.4x)

Paranormal Activity 4: 45.4M (3.36x) (9 PM)

Paranormal Activity 3: 44.4M (3.29x) (Midnight)

Paranormal Activity 2: 43.1M (3.19x) (Midnight)

It will end up between Annabelle Creation and ICAN's previews to Friday multi with a 47M Friday at 3.48x.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Like I said earlier, I'm totally thinking American Assassin and mother! will be managing two screens each next weekend at midsize theaters with how shitty the holdovers are.

What is everyone expecting for those two anyway? I'm predicting $17M for mother! and $10M for American Assassin. And I fully expect mother! to die a quick death after opening weekend due to what will likely be poor word-of-mouth from mainstream audiences.

Just now, filmlover said:

What is everyone expecting for those two anyway? I'm predicting $17M for mother! and $10M for American Assassin. And I fully expect mother! to die a quick death after opening weekend due to what will likely be poor word-of-mouth from mainstream audiences.

mother!: 25M

American Assassin: 15M

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm really torn on AA. I'm expecting it to flop, but it's doing exceptionally well on social media

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

I'm really torn on AA. I'm expecting it to flop, but it's doing exceptionally well on social media

I'm sure Dylan O'Brien's presence is playing a part in it. Although a good portion of his teenage audience is gonna be locked out from seeing it due to the R rating, consequently.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think WB and Sony aren't expecting blockbuster numbers for BR. Alcon put up most of the budget so neither studio are financially at risk 

Yeah, it may not make a profit, but I doubt they'll lose much on it either. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

13.5M Previews

33.5M True Friday (47M Friday)

30M Saturday (-36% from Friday and -10% from True Friday)

15M Sunday (-50%)

92M Weekend

Correct me If wrong, but that doesn' feel like an optimistic prediction... It is realistic, but it could do even better.

$100m is definetely not out of the question.