WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

yeah i dunno they're just toons. we all watched dumb bullshit when we were kids there's probably no correlation that kids who watched ratatouille 50 times a month are gonna grow up harvard grads and the kids watching minions 50 times are gonna grow up to be trailer trash. that's what some users are out here acting like some times.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

come on now.

I do believe that Disney/Pixar animations try a lot of times to be more serious than they actually are or than they should be. I had those issues with Moana, same as Zootopia and a number of recent films they have released.

Seems like there is always that overused messages that are put directly in the face of the viewer. Mostly your normal PC stuff.

The only one that managed to mix fun with a beautiful message together without screaming pretentiousness was Inside Out. 

I prefer to watch a movie that is a silly fun roll, but doesn't pretend to be anything more rather that than a movie that tries to be smart when it actually isn't...

Edited by FantasticBeasts

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

What was PC about Moana?

Don't know.  I guess because there was no white people?  But really I don't know.  I just saw a cool film (since I love the ocean myself) and didn't take any special political message from it so maybe I missed something :P 

Just now, 75livesinDerry said:

Don't know.  I guess because there was no white people?  But really I don't know.  I just saw a cool film (since I love the ocean myself) and didn't take any special political message from it so maybe I missed something :P 

There are some people who call any movie not starting a white person a PC movie, how can I not take that as a racist opinion?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

What was PC about Moana? Indeed, in zootopia in particular how is Prejudice is bad a PC message?

i guess cos it's kinda about the environment? that kinda gets lumped in with all the PC stuff even tho it's not. the fact that the environment is even a partisan issue to some people is so insane.

• Like 3

There is a reason why WDAS and Pixar have held up better than say Shrek as they focus on the story rather than the gag. Not there is any wrong with gags in animated film but I think if the story isn't up to stuff, no amount of gags can save a film. Sing and DM1 are the better Illumination films because the story and characters are a lot stronger. 

Chicken Run from Aardman is one of my favourite non WDAS/Pixar film because it strikes the right balance of humour and story.

• Like 4

Like seriously, people are trying to say my very existence is political correctness and I'm not supposed to be insulted? 

There was nothing PC about Moana and yes climate change is real, deal with it. That's not a partisan opinion that's a scientific fact.

• Like 2