WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

It's doing less than EMOJI with 6% RT so that does not explain it.

BOSS BABY reviews are close to NINJAGO with 52% on RT.

DM3 is barely fresh at 61%.

CAP UNDERPANTS has the best reviews with 87% on RT. It opened a little below Emoji with worse legs (3.0x vs Emoji's 3.5x).

My post wasn't clear, I apologize. I'm not blaming the reviews, I'm just mentioning them. 

I think Ninjago failed because it looks like a straight to DVD premise and people mostly don't give a crap about Ninjas.

Yikes for Ninjago. I was expecting a decline but not a 22m OW. This is Storks all over again for WGA.

They need to seriously assess their business model given how weak their OS runs are and the potential decline of the Lego franchise moving forward. They don't have OS saving them.

They're ahead of Sony but nowhere near the big three studios: Illumination, WDAS and Pixar. They need to amp up their strategies. 

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

My post wasn't clear, I apologize. I'm not blaming the reviews, I'm just mentioning them. 

I think Ninjago failed because it looks like a straight to DVD premise and people mostly don't give a crap about Ninjas.

yeah. but wag shouldn't feel much low on lego franchise. they got to use it wisely. but the way hollywood treated 3d after avatar's success, one can expect this overkill of lego. when do we get lego-horrors :lol:(conjuring, annabelle, it...)

Edited by a2knet

Just now, a2knet said:

yeah. wag shouldn't feel much low on lego franchise. they got to use it wisely though. but the way hollywood treated 3d after avatar's success, one can expect this from warners. when do we get lego-horrors :lol:(conjuring, annabelle, it...)

I think after The Lego Movie 2 inevitably declines a lot from the first movie they'll move on to regular CG animated movies and try their hand at more internationally friendly films. 

30 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Beren and Luthiens story is great, perhaps better than all in Silmarillion barring that of Turin. But the problem with their story is that it heavily revolves around the Silmarils and to tell the story of the Silmarils you need to tell a huge portion of Silmarillion (nearly the whole of Quenta Silmarillion). 

The story of Gondolin is good but I prefer children of hurin.

Btw if you have not already, I would recommend reading The Unfinished Tales after you finish Silmarillion. Its a great book if you wanna delve deeper into the world of LoTR. There are a lot of stories and information in that book. 

Yep, that is next for me :D And History of Middle Earth after that.

36 minutes ago, James said:

Yep, that is next for me :D And History of Middle Earth after that.

Nice. Unfortunately I never went beyond The Book of Lost Tales (Volume 1). I hope to someday get back to it and finish it. 

Right now I am looking forward to Origins by Dan Brown. I've enjoyed all of his books and I think I will like this too (at least based on reading the prologue to the book). I still have to read The Cursed Child. Thats been sitting with me for ages. 

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Nice. Unfortunately I never went beyond The Book of Lost Tales (Volume 1). I hope to someday get back to it and finish it. 

Right now I am looking forward to Origins by Dan Brown. I've enjoyed all of his books and I think I will like this too (at least based on reading the prologue to the book). I still have to read The Cursed Child. Thats been sitting with me for ages. 

Origins is my most anticipated book this year! A few more days! Can't wait!

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Why is that awesome? I can only imagine the hissy fit you would throw if someone said the same about your favourite DC movies. So this is strange

It's truly unfortunate, since Lego Batman was great. I just think these releases should be WAY more spaced out. I mean, two Lego spin-offs in the same year is truly pushing their luck. 

• Like 3