WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

In hindsight a Lego Ninjago movie shouldn't have happened. As @TwoMisfits pointed out, there's multiple seasons of this on Netflix that families can watch over the movie which had bad reception and the movie itself really doesn't appeal to anyone over 10. It was Penguins of Madagascar all over again.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

The LCU should've done Lego 2 and Batman and did Ninjago shorts. Billion Brick Race and other original Lego based movies could work and would've also worked better than Lego IP's. However Ninjago crushes hopes for my childhood dreams come true with a Lego Bionicle Movie.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Hopefully we get less worrying now about Coco disappointing when it's gonna be the first really major animated movie since the summer.

Disney needs to market it though. It looks lackluster compared to the other past Disney movies and even then there's still a lot of movies with big family appeal, with Thor, Daddy's Home, and the week before has both JL and The Star.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I doubt if it has happened in any franchise (horror or non-horror).

As far as spin-off prequels go, while I can't think of any one that outgrossed its direct main series predecessor, Minions is the 2nd highest grossing DM movie after DM2, and Rogue One is the 2nd highest grossing Star Wars movie after TFA. Off the top of my head. Annabelle 2 is the 1st one to beat its main series counterpart (Conjuring 2), and the 1st one to do 100M while its own original (Annabelle 1) didn't.

Anyway, I think American Made might be a little underestimated around here. With Kingsman and Ninjago being a one and done type deal for audiences, I see them being ready to move on to something else, and I could totally see AM pulling Black Mass numbers. Maybe even being #1 next weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Disney needs to market it though. It looks lackluster compared to the other past Disney movies and even then there's still a lot of movies with big family appeal, with Thor, Daddy's Home, and the week before has both JL and The Star.

Stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

It'll take theaters even if it's not doing shit, which again I think is doing around $30M-$50M domestic. It's still competition.

Nope

Neither is Daddy's Home.

If Coco gets good reviews it will be the first quality animation wide release in ages. (for me since 2016, for others and critics since Feb)

• Like 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Nope

Neither is Daddy's Home.

If Coco gets good reviews it will be the first quality animation wide release in ages. (for me since 2016, for others and critics since Feb)

Coco needs better marketing though. You need to use all of your tools to make a machine.

• Like 1