grim22

Gnome Alone | March 2 2018 | From the director of The Nut Job

Yeah, I don't know either

From the producer of SHREK and the director of NUT JOB, GNOME ALONE is an energetic animated movie about one girl’s journey to discover the hero within herself. After moving to a new city with her mother, Chloe (Becky G) finds herself in a new house that creaks, a new school with creeps, and mysterious garden gnomes that are kind of freaky. No sooner has Chloe tried to fit in, but aliens from another dimension descend upon her house and threaten everything! To top it all off, the gnomes in her house come to life and ask for help to save the world. Now, the only thing standing between Chloe and the end of life as we know it are her new gnome-tastic friends, her neighbor Liam (Josh Peck) and the strength within. It’s up to Chloe and Liam to become the champions they've always been inside, and in the process discover that no matter where you are, you’re never GNOME ALONE!

It looks like it could actually scare kids, unfortunately.

And the way the girl screamed at the gnomes did not have any life to it.

The animator's job is to animate, correct?

I'm known for my casual takes, and even I don't think this has a chance at being a quality product.

The movie was supposed to come out tomorrow, but I guess they changed it at the last minute. No matter when they release it, this movie will be a huge bomb. And the title is absolutely awful, even by bad movie standards. "Gnomeo and Juliet" and "Sherlock Gnomes" may be bad movies, but at least they give you an idea of what to expect. The title makes it seem like it's about garden gnomes protecting a house from robbers. 

It is such a shameless act for these guys to release this film so close to Sherlock Gnomes. I know Sherlock Gnomes looks mediocre, but this looks insidiously awful. I mean, seriously. Are they hoping 'that one family' gets confused on Sherlock Gnomes's opening weekend? Geez, Louise...

Edited by slambros

Is this really going to be A) in enough theaters to be confused with Sherlock Gnomes and B - even last long enough to not be immediately dropped from every theater in two weeks and not overlap.

Also it would premiere next week but it does not want to contend with the juggernaut that will be Hurricane Heist. Smart move, putting it here.

Edited by Morieris

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

Is this really going to be A) in enough theaters to be confused with Sherlock Gnomes and B - even last long enough to not be immediately dropped from every theater in two weeks and not overlap.

I'm guessing this movie either gets delayed again, before eventually going direct-to-video, or only gets released in a few dozen theateres this weekend, where it will be dropped like a hot rock after 1 week.