Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

•  

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were discussing favorites... I really want to see Good Time and Ingrid Goes West. Ah, still have to see The Lure, The Villainess and Hounds of Love too.  Lady Macbeth as well.Gotta watch that new Netflix movie too... Meyerowitz Stories.

I liked Blackcoat's Daughter and I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore a good deal as well this year. By the way, Anthony Perkins son is a pretty awesome director.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What's the early word on Three Billboards?

Is it really that good.

Trailer kinda feels like forced oscar bait.

It won the TIFF audience award and is at 89 on Metacritic.

Also, exactly how did it look like Oscar Bait?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anything that tackles something #topical means it automatically is begging for Oscars.

The movies I've seen so far this year ranked:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Logan

Spider-man Homecoming

Get Out

IT

Wonder Woman

King Kong 

Split

Ghost in the Shell

I wanted to see Apes and Baby Driver but couldn't.

And all that's left for me is Thor, Justice League, Star Wars and Molly's Game (cause I love poker).

Edited by grey ghost

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Quirky yet folksy and deeply damaged characters surrounded by intolerant townsfolk teaches everyone how to think different.

Cast: past oscar favorites

Being in the ow with good wom I think HDD's Sunday might come in better than the 41.4% drop they have estimated. 36% drop will give it 0.5m more on Sunday for a 27m weekend.

THE ACCOUNTANT opened to 24.7m this same weekend last year and legged it to 3.5x multi and 86.3m. HDD's ow trend is more front-loaded due to Friday the 13th OD and the genre, but could do 3x for ~80m dom.

HDD has got to be the most frontloaded movie I've ever worked at my theatre. Friday was huge (nearly 15M of our equivalent of) but Saturday and Sunday completely DIED. Especially Sunday. 

That being said, the movie has pretty good WOM. Everyone's come out of it liking it (or at least almost everyone). I'm sure it's going to pick up during the week, especially on Tuesday, but it was weirdly frontloaded this weekend. Definitely Friday the 13th affair.

31 minutes ago, DAJK said:

HDD has got to be the most frontloaded movie I've ever worked at my theatre. Friday was huge (nearly 15M of our equivalent of) but Saturday and Sunday completely DIED. Especially Sunday. 

That being said, the movie has pretty good WOM. Everyone's come out of it liking it (or at least almost everyone). I'm sure it's going to pick up during the week, especially on Tuesday, but it was weirdly frontloaded this weekend. Definitely Friday the 13th affair.

How's BR doing at your place?

7 hours ago, a2knet said:

How's BR doing at your place?

We had a 4-day weekend last weekend (Canadian thanksgiving) and BR did 33.6M for the four days. I don't have its Sunday night numbers for this weekend, but if it followed a similar pattern as last weekend, it would be at about 16M this weekend.

• Like 1