Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Roht: Korangar

Oh yea. As long as it's better than Spider-Man (a very low bar, even if Keaton was the best MCU villain by far) I won't give it too much shit. I think what I think of these movies: they are well-made diversions that are forgettable and riskless and in total bad for film. But some of them, like GOTG 1 and 2, I end up really enjoying. So who knows. Maybe I'll like it more!

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

What was the victory?  That the second weekend drop of Blade Runner wasn't absolutely horrendous?

No that Annabelle crossed 300M (congrats to my homie @MCKillswitch123) and Blade Runner's quality is a win in my book, best movie of the year. Also It crossed 630M, which is more than some comic book films and big blockbusters. 

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

It was okay. I don't really get the passion about for it, but I'm not really big on horror movies.

It helped that I read the book beforehand and as such already had some connection to the source material going in.

The movie was just an incredibly satisfying experience for me.  I loved pretty much every lead character (Stan was underbaked but it didn't bother me so much) and it's very well structured and paced.  Never got boring for me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh yea. As long as it's better than Spider-Man (a very low bar, even if Keaton was the best MCU villain by far) I won't give it too much shit. I think what I think of these movies: they are well-made diversions that are forgettable and riskless and in total bad for film. But some of them, like GOTG 1 and 2, I end up really enjoying. So who knows. Maybe I'll like it more!

If you go in with an almost religious passion for Taika Waititi, you might trick yourself into liking it a lot!

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Often. In fact, almost always. The intensity and duration of the applause is what matters (if anything). 

Ah ok. Only reason I brought this up, was I saw a clip of the WW academy screening from last night and the audience was clapping and cheering for a couple of minutes at the end. Was curious.

My Top Five Of The Year:

1. Dunkirk

2. Logan

3. Blade Runner 2049

4. IT

5. Free Fire

List could change as I plan to watch A Ghost Story soon, which could bump Free Fire off the list.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 1