Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

On 10/15/2017 at 6:02 PM, tribefan695 said:

Also, raegr's wrong about the series. It's still quite good, especially if you somehow think the movie wasn't awful.

The show sucks

Edited by raegr

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I am more in favor of the image rehabilitation of Jugaloos than I am of Bronies. That shit is still weird and problematic af to me. I'm sure the movie is okay and has a very good message but I'm talking about the 40 year old dudes on the internet creeping part.

You know, the fact that the movie's release has so far been incident-free should be a pretty good indication that the moral panic is ridiculously overblown. Every fandom has its creeps, the media just latches onto this one because of the subject.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

You know, the fact that the movie's release has so far been incident-free should be a pretty good indication that the moral panic is ridiculously overblown. Every fandom has its creeps, the media just latches onto this one because of the subject.

Fair point. I've never actually noticed it in the media, though. I found out about it on my own and thought "huh, that seems strange." But that's good to hear

Currently I have

(In order of a nom likelihood)

1. The Shape of Water

2. Dunkirk

3. Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri

4. Call Me By Your Name

5. Get Out

6. The Post

7. Lady Bird

8. The Big Sick

9. The Florida Project

10. Darkest Hour

11. Phantom Thread

12. Blade Runner 2049

13. The Disaster Artist

14. Logan

15. Wonder Woman

16. I, Tonya

17. Stronger

18. Molly's Game

19. Star Wars: The Last Jedi

20. War for the Planet of the Apes

What I have winning

BP: Get Out

BD: Del Torro

Actress: McDormand

Actor: Oldman

Supp Actess: Janney

Supp Actor: Dafoe

AS: Call Me By Your Name

Cinema: Dunkirk

Editing: Get Out

Costume: BatB

Makeup: IT

Production: The Shape of Water

Score: The Shape of Water

Original Song: Call Me By Your Name

Sound Editing: Blade Runner 2049

Sound Mixing: Dunkirk

Visual Effects: Blade Runner 2049

Animation: Coco

Edited by The Pumpkin Spice Panda

43 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I did not expect to see those words coming out of your keyboard.

Also, raegr's wrong about the series. It's still quite good, especially if you somehow think the movie wasn't awful.

Missed this article earlier but apparently it only cost $8 million to make so my hopes for a sequel that is actually good are still intact.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/box-office-report/little-pony-movie-opens-4th-despicable-passes-zootopia-global-box-office-153918.html

I wonder if $65m was the total cost including marketing, it'll easily recoup that.