Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

james corden is the new russell brand. based on that he did terrorize the uk with his nonsense for years before moving over to annoying america and then also he did a dumbass bunny movie and now he just has some youtube channel we all can ignore.

I'm not ready to give up on Blade Runner legging out.  It only made 8.595M last week on its true Friday opening - that is when things looked really bleak.  With that context I think it may be showing signs it won't sputter and die - and it will keep imax, dolby, realD for the most part for 2 more weekends.  Don't be surprised if weekdays are weak though and it continues to be a Saturday and Sunday movie.  

i think the jungle book could be good. pretty sure it's a flop though. i get that it's closer to the book and "dark and gritty" or whatever so it's not entirely a retread of last year's movie but is dark jungle book a movie that literally anyone wants?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

645 was the widest with a pretty poor PTA

Sep 22–24 8 $1,611,040 - 573 - $2,812 $1,611,040 1
Sep 29–Oct 1 13 $923,412 -42.7% 645 +72 $1,432 $3,165,489 2
Oct 6–8 19 $278,121 -69.9% 335 -310 $830 $3,770,494 3
Oct 13–15 25 $115,035
(Estimate)
-58.6% 174 -161 $661 $4,039,392
(Estimate)

No wonder it came and died...

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think the jungle book could be good. pretty sure it's a flop though. i get that it's closer to the book and "dark and gritty" or whatever so it's not entirely a retread of last year's movie but is dark jungle book a movie that literally anyone wants?

Disney's Jungle Book was already pretty close to the book and quite dark in a couple of places, far more than it's animated film. 

I think that surprised WB and their version wasn't going to have that angle covered unless they went truly dark - and yeah not something too many want to see.

• Like 1