Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

Just now, Jonwo said:

According to @grim22 Skydance put up all the cost and Paramount passed on it and WB picked it up

He says that often, but I've never actually seen it cited by an article. If they're only distributing it, this list would reflect that (look at Blade Runner as an example) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_Bros._films

On 2017-10-11 at 3:58 PM, DAJK said:

Really starting to get hyped for this, even though I probably won't be able to see it for at least a week.

Reviews generally say that the movie's a blast, whether they are highly positive or even mixed-positive, they make it sound like a fun time. 

Going to up my prediction to 26/65

Sunday Update: It’s been a good three days for Happy Death Day, as Universal and Blumhouse’s horror opened on Friday the 13th to a first place weekend of $26.5 million.

The film beat even the most optimistic expectations, as the highest that anybody forecast on prediction website Box Office Theory was $25 million.

I think not BO.com :P

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can someone actually link me to an article that says WB isn't involved in financing this? I see nothing about that on Wikipedia.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-skydances-geostorm-undergoes-reshoots-brings-jerry-bruckheimer-866329

Geostorm is not only a big bet for Devlin as his directorial debut, but for Skydance, which is using the project, like it did with 2015's Terminator Genisys, to transform the company from a film financier to a full-fledged creative production company. Ellison’s Skydance Productions independently produced and financed the film with Devlin's Electric Entertainment before it was picked up by Warner Bros., even though the company has a first-look deal with Paramount and has co-financed many of Paramount's key franchises, such Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation and Star Trek Into Darkness. According to sources, Greg Silverman, who announced Dec. 14 that he is leaving his studio post as Warners president of worldwide production, initiated the relationship with Skydance.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I highly doubt that Geostorm was only 60M before reshoots and its official budget is 80M but I mean sure

Their budget is completely available online thanks to Louisiana. 58M with tax rebates factored in

Project Details
Production Title: Geostorm
Production Type: feature film    
Estimated Total Budget: $81,927,423 Pre-Production/Spend Start Date: 05/01/2014
Estimated Louisiana Expenditures: $81,927,423 Pre-Production/Spend End Date: 10/19/2014
Estimated Louisiana Payroll: $56,259,861 Production Start Date: 10/20/2014
Estimated Jobs on Production: 365 Production Wrap Date: 02/14/2015
Total Estimated Days in Louisiana: 70 Application Received Date: 08/06/2014
Actual LA Payroll Total: $14,619,347 Initial Certification Date: 09/16/2014
Actual LA Payroll Total Credits: $730,967 Cost Report Received Date: 06/25/2015
Total Granted Tax Credits: $23,739,049 Calendar Year Expended:  
Amount Credits Transferred to State: $0 Final Certification Date 08/06/2015

Authorized Representative: Karen Fouts Position of Authorized Representative

10 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I think he meant how did Bruce got back into the heavily guarded and all access blocked Gotham in TDKR from the prison in the middle of the desert in some Asian country (India) without any money or ID

To have known people that have lost money and passport/ID in foreign country it is really not that big of a deal, you go a western union type desk (or big hotel, or bank), you make a reverse charge call to someone telling them to wire you money and there you go, for someone like Bruce Wayne that had anonymous number bank account that require no ID in many jurisdiction, even less a problem that for the average tourist put in that situation every day (and that comeback just fine).

K2

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $89,652,040    31.3%
Foreign:  $197,059,201    68.7%

Worldwide:  $286,711,241

K2 added 24m OS over last 7 days. Should add a similar amount in the rest of the run for 220m+ in current OS markets.

Should add 10m dom.

That's 100 + 220 = 320 ww with France, China and Japan remaining. K1 did ~93 in those 3 markets.

This one could do 110-120 if not more which will take the WW to 430-440.

Edited by a2knet

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nah. BP is 100% locked. It's an actual contender for the win

A lot of the Oscar baity films get released within the next two months, so Get Out isn't 100% locked, nothing is yet. 

2 hours ago, cookie said:

Clearly nobody gave a Pooh

Oh bother!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

A lot of the Oscar baity films get released within the next two months, so Get Out isn't 100% locked, nothing is yet. 

Actually there are at least four films that seem pretty locked. Maybe more I don't pay attention to this stuff as much as others.

Locked:

Dunkirk

CMBYN

the Shape of Water

Get Out

If any of those four miss I'll jump off a bridge or something 

• Like 1