Alli

WEEKEND Box Office: BOO-21.6M; Geostorm-13.3M; OTB-6M; Snowman-3.4M

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Shallows, Lights Out, and Annabelle Creation all came out during the summer. The last one especially benefited from a weak market altogether. 

These movies got good multiples because they had good WOM, a summer release means nothing when your movie sucks, The Gallows had an awful multiple and it was released in the heart of summer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The overseas numbers for Happy Death Day are quite low. I mean, movie opened with 5 million overseas and is now at 12 million ( updayed today ).

Anyway, the movie is a sucess because the budget is so low. I liked it and I'm happy I watched it.

Low budget horror movies with few exceptions have never done huge numbers overseas. Plus it was only released in the U.K. this weekend. Happy Death Day is a successful film regardless.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It happens every year. Good movies flop or disappointment sometimes. No need to have a tantrum.

Yup. Some of my favorite films weren't huge box office success. Not every movie catches on with moviegoers, for one reason or another. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ouija debuted near Halloween (which HDD will also get a boost from).  Without it, probably wouldn’t have crossed a 2.2x

Ouija was released one week before the Halloween, and it had good drops even after the Halloween, it only started dropping hard when it lost screens. 

5 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Maybe Universal should have kept Insidious 3 in October and released HDD in January. Maybe people are more in the mood for a more serious toned horror film in October. The comedy element probably wouldn’t have bothered as much people in January. Also being comedy horror probably put it in direct competition with Madea.

Does this new Madea movie also has YOUTUBERS? I remember that the first movie affected Ouija 2 last year because it had a cross-over audience with teenagers because of these youtubers. 

53 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Big animation news!!

Despicable Me 3 has officially crossed FINDING DORY to become the #4 highest grossing animated film OF ALL TIME!!

Illumination now has the #2 and #4 highest animated films of all time (Minions and DM3). 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $263,269,020    25.6%
Foreign:  $765,400,000    74.4%

Worldwide:  $1,028,669,020  

Great for DM3 considering it came in 100 less than Pets and DM2 (domestic), and overseas exchange rates are not all that great.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

They're going to the World Series man. No bitching 

Oh, America has been made great again as of Friday. There was a period between Tuesday thru Thursday however..

11 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Does this new Madea movie also has YOUTUBERS? I remember that the first movie affected Ouija 2 last year because it had a cross-over audience with teenagers because of these youtubers. 

They brought the YouTubers back from the first AND added in Instagrammers and Vine Stars :hahaha: 

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1