Alli

WEEKEND Box Office: BOO-21.6M; Geostorm-13.3M; OTB-6M; Snowman-3.4M

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Jigsaw getting an IMAX release, while none of the TCU movies got one so far is almost offensive.

IMAX did say It wants to release more films in their format. I wouldn’t be surprised if The Nun got it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

3rd film will probably happen

So maybe another 35m in China. With Thor opening in a lot of markets this weekend, it's going to be a tight race to 400m WW.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They should have lost 4. :whip:

They're going to be contenders for years to come, Judge will (hopefully?) strike out less, Sanchez will learn to play catcher, and the team will learn to play away from home.

We don't have a WS yet! Yankees have billions

Edited by MrPink

25 minutes ago, YourMother said:

QOTD: Jigsaw O/U Saw 6

Under as well...unasked for, unnecessary 7th movie (which I think they renamed just so they could trick some new folks to come on board) after a bad sequel...and after a lot of good fall premier horror...

I got piled on when this 1st got greenlit when I asked who the heck thought that was a good idea on another board - like Nut Job Never Again, I stand by that...although at least these movies are cheaper...

Edited by TwoMisfits

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

They're going to be contenders for years to come, Judge will (hopefully?) strike out less, Sanchez will learn to play catcher, and the team will learn to play away from home.

We don't have a WS yet! Yankees have billions

:thinking:  By this rationale the next Nolan film should bomb since he doesn't need another hit. 

It's been 8 years - that's 56 years in Yankee years damnit.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:thinking:  By this rationale the next Nolan film should bomb since he doesn't need another hit. 

It's been 8 years - that's 56 years in Yankee years damnit.

This is only if you consider this season a bomb :sparta:

I'd say this season equates to about a 520m WW success and overperformance of expectations

Edited by MrPink
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

KINGS2 added 48M OS (40M China + 8M Rest) taking the OS cume to 250M.

Should add 55M OS in current markets (40M more from China + 15M more form Rest) for 250 + 55 = 305M OS with Japan and France to come.

KINGS1 did ~19m combined in Japan and France. KINGS2 could do 25m in those two for 305 + 25 = 330M final OS.

Adding Dom, 100M + 330M = 430M WW (104M prod budget)

Compared to 128.3M + 286.1M = 414.4M WW for KINGS1 (81M prod)

Edited by a2knet

23 minutes ago, MrPink said:

So maybe another 35m in China. With Thor opening in a lot of markets this weekend, it's going to be a tight race to 400m WW.

and 10-15m more in current OS markets other than China (had an 8m OS-China weekend). So 250 + 35 + 10-15 = 295-300 OS with Japan and France to come.

K1 did 19m combined in those 2 and K2 could do 20-25 for 295-300 + 20-25 = 315-325 OS.

So 315-325 OS + 100 Dom = 415-425 WW at least imo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

and 15m more in current OS markets other than China. So 250 + 35 + 15 = 300 OS with Japan and France to come. K1 did 19m combined in those 2 and K2 could do 25.

So 325 OS + 100 Dom = 425 WW at least imo.

Yeah I forgot about Japan/France. Odd that France is opening late.

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

yeah. i don't know the exact date but hopefully it doesn't open against Thor3 or JL.

Kingsman 2 has already opened in France (last weekend)

Fired up by a Chinese debut that was some 73% ahead of the original’s debut – and delivered $3.5m on IMAX –  The Golden Circle was in solid form in holdovers. It added $2.9m to stay top in France and reach $8.2m after two sessions, and grossed $1.2m in the UK for $30.6m after five.

https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/kingsman-the-golden-circle-scores-403m-china-debut/5123501.article

Edited by Electrix
  • Thanks 1

So... 3.5x more people watched Boo 2 this weekend than Only the Brave.

4x more people watched The Emoji Movie on opening weekend than Only the Brave.

More than 2x as many people watched Smurfs The Lost Village on opening weekend than Only the Brave.

Fuck it, nearly 2x as many people watched 47 Meters Down on opening weekend than Only the Brave.

tumblr_omibp84gUN1ugv7b3o1_400.gif

• Haha 2