Suburbicon: 6M

Geostorm: 5.8M

Happy Death Day: 4.6M

Thank You for Your Service: 4M

Only the Brave: 3.8M

Blade Runner: 3.7M

The Foreigner: 3M

American Made: 2M

Next weekend is going to be deaaaaaaaaaaath. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Boo 2 dropped a lot from the first. It is just a regular Madea movie now.

I'm curious how much it'll drop next week. A sub-50 drop isn't impossible given the theme, but WOM is much, much worse than the first Boo! I have it dropping 54%.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Jigsaw: 13M

Madea: 10M

Suburbicon: 6M

Geostorm: 5.8M

Happy Death Day: 4.6M

Thank You for Your Service: 4M

Only the Brave: 3.8M

Blade Runner: 3.7M

The Foreigner: 3M

American Made: 2M

Next weekend is going to be deaaaaaaaaaaath. 

And the weekend after that will have one 100m+ movie possibly, then Bad Moms Christmas 20m+ possibly, Jigsaw below 10m and all else below 5m?

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm curious how much it'll drop next week. A sub-50 drop isn't impossible given the theme, but WOM is much, much worse than the first Boo! I have it dropping 54%.

Yeah, it won't be the phenom the first one was, IMO. It can still win the weekend with a 50% drop tho. Jigsaw is gonna bomb hard.

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

And the weekend after that will have one 100m+ movie possibly, then Bad Moms Christmas 20m+ possibly, Jigsaw below 10m and all else below 5m?

Jigsaw won't be an exception; everything that isn't Thor and Bad Moms will be under 5M :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am made the same as Black Mass this weekend. If it follow BM's performance it will make 1.2M next weekend for a total of 50M.  Not that bad considering OW, but really nothing to write home about. BM made 62M and it was considered an ok performance, so AM is an underperformer in the US.  OS shall save it.

Edited by Alli

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's...... ok. For comparison, The Beguiled had a $4,694 PTA in 674 theaters during its second weekend. Florida Project will get theaters by the holdovers being so weak.

Among A24's earlier releases it's tracking closest to The Lobster right now. I don't expect it to hit 10m until the Oscar nods are announced. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Jigsaw won't be an exception; everything that isn't Thor and Bad Moms will be under 5M :rofl: 

if it can manage 14-15 ow then a 65% drop in the 2nd weekend gives 4.9-5.25m. But yeah, there's a chance that everything not Thor and Moms will be sub-5m.

Just now, That One Guy said:

I have Jigsaw at 12M, Thank You at 7M, and Suburbicon at 6.5M

I can't see it having an opening on par with Only the Brave. Universal is pretty much advertising it exclusively on Fox News; I've seen ads there often when my parents have it on :lol: