Alli

WEEKEND Box Office: BOO-21.6M; Geostorm-13.3M; OTB-6M; Snowman-3.4M

So much for Happy Death Day having really good word of mouth. Not saying that the word of mouth is at all bad but it's not anything to write home about obviously. The film cost 5 mil to make so it's already a big success but I'm talking about the reception now.

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Nobody gives a shit.

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

DESPICABLE ME 3 BEATS ANOTHER ANIMATED MOVIE BY $100K HOLY SHIT WHAT A FEAT

Last time I checked (hang on I'll do it again...yep....still is) this is a movie website and at this site, we talk about all kinds of movies.  If one person has a hard on for DM3 and posts the numbers, why should he or she be ostracized for it?  I for one love his updates for DM3. It's awesome to see a movie that everyone wrote off at the beginning of its run, pass all these massively popular animated films.

So when you say no one gives a shit, actually they do.  Next time you want to be rude to someone for discussing a movie you don't care about, then think again.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

Last time I checked (hang on I'll do it again...yep....still is) this is a movie website and at this site, we talk about all kinds of movies.  If one person has a hard on for DM3 and posts the numbers, why should he or she be ostracized for it?  I for one love his updates for DM3. It's awesome to see a movie that everyone wrote off at the beginning of its run, pass all these massively popular animated films.

So when you say no one gives a shit, actually they do.  Next time you want to be rude to someone for discussing a movie you don't care about, then think again.

Thanks Baumer! I just know that when something like Maze Runner 3 comes out I'll be following that one super closely while (I assume) not as many people will care.

"Wow... we tracked Wonder Woman when it was barely making 100k in dailies? Whoop de doo" is not something I ever heard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Thanks Baumer! I just know that when something like Maze Runner 3 comes out I'll be following that one super closely while (I assume) not as many people will care.

"Wow... we tracked Wonder Woman when it was barely making 100k in dailies? Whoop de doo" is not something I ever heard

I wasn't saying that because I didn't want to get banned :sparta: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

Agreed

This forum is in love with comic books movies and star wars. If someone wants Avenger updates after 4 months of the release nobody cares.  Who cares what makes someone else happy.  In the end we are nerds

giphy.gif

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

SHOW THEM HELL BAUMER!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

Thank you Baumer. It's so unfortunate how rude some users here are. I love this forum and it's a BOX OFFICE forum. And I always choose to take the highway and not respond to them let alone ridicule them as it happens to me every time I post a milestone for DM3. And I will keep posting whenever there are updates or milestone. If someone hates Illumination or loves other animation studios, great. Just stop thinking the world agrees with you. I really hope that they (and they know who they are - the same users everytime) change their attitude because behaviors such as these brings down this forum's great spirit and makes us delve into a lot of negativity. And in the end, it's just movies. So let's be friends instead of hate.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

DL:

In milestones, New Line/Warner Bros’ Annabelle: Creation, which passed $300M worldwide last Sunday, has crossed $200M internationally on the back of a great hold at No. 1 in the sophomore Spain session.”

The Queen keeps slaying around the world. :) 

Emma Watson is the queen my dear.

giphy.gif

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

This is only if you consider this season a bomb :sparta:

I'd say this season equates to about a 520m WW success and overperformance of expectations

I guess that makes the past few years for the Phillies a chain of Valerians. :sparta:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1