Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Isn't Tatum busy putting together a Magic Mike musical (lol I shit you not) these days?

They are doing trails in like Chicago next year. I have A LOT of thoughts. 😂😂

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

ATJ was has got serious Nic Hoult syndrome; great in off-kilter roles, awful straight man

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

he would've been bad. i'm imagining a lot of names on the list like glenn howerton or logan marshall green or even jogolev i think the character would've been... sleazier with any of them. pratt playing him as an oversized 13 year old is the best choice.

THAT said if guardians of the galaxy had been made like 4 years later i'm sure my boy glenn powell would've been cast and he would've smashed it.

Definitely.

I legit have to laugh that they considered Eddie Redmayne though. Like, why?! How?! 

• Like 1

Redmayne is a charisma vacuum in everything he's done outside of Hawking. Still don't know how he's leading a 5-picture big budget franchise, but I guess Oscar clout does that. Also feel like it wouldn't be on such a sharp downwards trajectory if they had a likable lead.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I legit have to laugh that they considered Eddie Redmayne though. Like, why?! How?! 

redmayne was also basically the runner up for :qotd:as well. his agents were working over time to make him happen. auditioned for every blockbuster that summer and ended up in jupiter ascending. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

aaron taylor johnson has serious aaron taylor johnson syndrome. bad in roles that are played by aaron taylor johnson.

I like him in Nocturnal Animals. Maybe he was a bit too hammy at points, but he didn't put me to sleep like anytime Jakey G is on screen. Michael Shannon was the MVP though. There was a rumour that he was gonna be the next Batman, but that's been debunked. 

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Redmayne is a charisma vacuum in everything he's done outside of Hawking. Still don't know how he's leading a 5-picture big budget franchise, but I guess Oscar clout does that. Also feel like it wouldn't be on such a sharp downwards trajectory if they had a likable lead.

he was really helped by the fact that they were casting that movie pretty much immediately after he won the oscar. that said the other top 3 choices for that part were nic hoult, who would've been boring, redmayne is at least doing... something, and matt smith who probably would've just done his doctor who routine again. so not the toughest competition. 

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

he was really helped by the fact that they were casting that movie pretty much immediately after he won the oscar. that said the other top 3 choices for that part were nic hoult, who would've been boring, redmayne is at least doing... something, and matt smith who probably would've just done his doctor who routine again. so not the toughest competition. 

Nic Hoult is literally in every single god damn shortlist for some reason. He was in the Top Gun shortlist, and lost to Teller and Powell. He was in that rumoured Batman shortlist with Taylor Johnson. It's so weird how he survived after Jack the giant killer and how boring he is in X-Men, but I did like him a lot in Mad Max and The Favourite

Meanwhile at the mall Dior promos with Cara Delevingne are everywhere at the moment. I feel like we haven't heard from her since she shared her Harvey Weinstein story at the height of that fallout about a year-and-a-half ago. I'm guessing she's returned to the modeling world since her acting career is clearly a nonstarter (her only credit since Valerian is the shot-in-2013/released-in-2018 London Fields).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Meanwhile at the mall Dior promos with Cara Delevingne are everywhere at the moment. I feel like we haven't heard from her since she shared her Harvey Weinstein story at the height of that fallout about a year-and-a-half ago. I'm guessing she's returned to the modeling world since her acting career is clearly a nonstarter (her only credit since Valerian is the shot-in-2013/released-in-2018 London Fields).

she was just in Her Smell. that came out three weeks ago. 

Edited by CoolioD1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6598238/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489974/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6212308/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

17 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Just clicked this and saw that it's a movie opposite Jaden Smith, oof. We need to talk about how he's gonna be playing Kanye in a Showtime anthology series. Not since Joseph Fiennes played Michael Jackson has there been a project that sounds like it's being made just to show us what Hell really looks like.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/michaelblackmon/jaden-smith-kanye-west-ominverse-showtime

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

Sinclair.  Why the fuuuuuuuuuuuck did it have to be Sinclair!!!

ANYONE.  LITERALLY THE FUCK ANYONE OTHER THAN EVILER-THAN-FOX SINCLAIR!!!!

I get what you're saying.   But literally anytime I watch Fox Sports Wisconsin is for the Brewers or Bucks games.  

• Like 1

This new Netflix series with Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini is getting only alright reviews. Episodes are only a half-hour on average and there's 10 of 'em so I'll probably check it out anyway just for them (and James Marsden cause anything is a step up from that Sonic atrocity).