Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Glass was Lady In the Water-level of bad. I don't know how that happened. Split was brilliant. Just saw it again the other night. First time I loved it but left with the feeling that I was manipulated by nostalgia. But no, it's a really great movie. Glass on the other hand feel like it was made by a newcomer with no self awareness. Yikes.

Surprised by the reactions. I didn't read the comments about it when it was released, because I wouldn't be able to see it until it was on home video, but looking at the RT score I thought people here didn't like it either. I wasn't even trying to give a hot take or anything. My only hot take about Shyamalan movies is that The Happening is great.

33 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn A Prisioneira is already getting teasers. They look pretty good, actually. But the logo is fucking atrocious :rofl:

Kelly Baley looks all time hot in this HOLY SHIT :ohmygod:

Edited by CJohn

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Kelly Baley looks all time hot in this HOLY SHIT :ohmygod:

So does Joana Ribeiro. Godfuckingdamn.

With all that said, the teasers, while good for what they are, are so sparse and tell practically zero about the plot.... and TVI's ratings are so down the drain at this point, that I wouldn't be surprised at this point if even this drastically underperforms. SIC is also doing a great job with the promotion of their new soap, which really doesn't help TVI's case at all.

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So does Joana Ribeiro. Godfuckingdamn.

With all that said, the teasers, while good for what they are, are so sparse and tell practically zero about the plot.... and TVI's ratings are so down the drain at this point, that I wouldn't be surprised at this point if even this drastically underperforms. SIC is also doing a great job with the promotion of their new soap, which really doesn't help TVI's case at all.

Promos will change. They will go the epic route with this one in their promos. I also expect mad promo on the streets hopefully with the correct premiere day.

How were the ratings of that new show hosted by Leonor Poeiras? I fell like she is one flop away from getting fired from TVI.

Edited by CJohn

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Promos will change. They will go the epic route with this one in their promos. I also expect mad promo on the streets hopefully with the correct premiere day.

How were the ratings of that new show hosted by Leonor Poeiras? I fell like she is one flop away from getting fired from TVI.

I imagine so, and you already have a sense of epic scale in the promos, but so far, the promotion feels very tiny and very sparse. Again, the teasers are fine, but..... I dunno, I don't get the OMFG vibes from this apart from "well, it has a good cast, it has a bit of an epic vibe and great directing". We'll see when the promotion starts ramping up in more rapid fire.

As for the ratings, I don't know yet, but TVI did win Saturday by 0.2 points. That being said, they only had 15.5% of share, so it probably didn't do great and TVI's win was boosted more by a stronger afternoon than anything.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I imagine so, and you already have a sense of epic scale in the promos, but so far, the promotion feels very tiny and very sparse. Again, the teasers are fine, but..... I dunno, I don't get the OMFG vibes from this apart from "well, it has a good cast, it has a bit of an epic vibe and great directing". We'll see when the promotion starts ramping up in more rapid fire.

As for the ratings, I don't know yet, but TVI did win Saturday by 0.2 points. That being said, they only had 15.5% of share, so it probably didn't do great and TVI's win was boosted more by a stronger afternoon than anything.

Nobody is watching TV anymore dear God.

32 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Nobody is watching TV anymore dear God.

Yup. Saturdays are the bane of our TV's existence. It's been like that for a while now. But then again, the weather has basically been Summer-like, so everyone probably spent the day outside. Plus, there two HUGE games on primetime (Benfica's and Porto's, the latter having extra impact in respect to Casillas), which probably took even more out of regular TV.

SIC should give up on movies during Summery weekends, because no one who watches films in generalist channels is present to see them when that kind of weather exists. They still have a very comfortable lead during the weekdays, though, so I doubt anything changes for now. But Summer is going to be pretty piss poor for TV, as I can already imagine.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m now assuming after seeing warning signs from the Aladdin threads that all blockbuster threads will devolve into shit eventually.

You say that now but wait until this shit starts infiltrating the thread for Midsommar. 

• Sad 1

i finally got round to cancelling amazon prime and instead of the "you can continue to use prime until X renewal date" they give you the option of cancelling right now and you get a refund of the last month. That's neat.

@CJohn The Pantene Hair show's premiere result: 6.1% rating and 17.7% share. In direct confrontation, it lost to the recap show of The Farmer Wants A Wife.

Good lord, TVI is starting to create an admirable collection of flops. That being said, it could've done a lot worse, I guess. It beat the daily results of both TVI and SIC for Saturday, so there's that :rofl:

America with a mixed member proportional voting system:

I'd imagine something like this:

10% Chapo party

10% Green Party

25% Democrat party

10% Libertarian party

20% Republican party

15% Pepe party

10% Blood and Soil party

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn The Pantene Hair show's premiere result: 6.1% rating and 17.7% share. In direct confrontation, it lost to the recap show of The Farmer Wants A Wife.

Good lord, TVI is starting to create an admirable collection of flops.

Another reality TV mega bomb. The 3rd one in less than 2 months. The 2nd flop in a row for Leonor Peoiras.

• Like 1

i just watched The Highwaymen. didnt know who Bonnie & Clyde were before, how on earth were they so loved by people? cold blooded killers get a free pass because they might steal money from nasty banks?

Americans are effing stupid.

23 minutes ago, Avatree said:

i just watched The Highwaymen. didnt know who Bonnie & Clyde were before, how on earth were they so loved by people? cold blooded killers get a free pass because they might steal money from nasty banks?

Americans are effing stupid.

You're on a movie forum and didn't know about Bonnie and Clyde?

• Haha 3