Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
Just now, Jayhawk said:

Watching Community for the first time. First 2 seasons are pretty great, does it get worse from here?

Season 3 and 4 are fantastic Season 5 sucks then it gets kinda good in Season 6 I think.

• Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Watching Community for the first time. First 2 seasons are pretty great, does it get worse from here?

Nope. Also I wish I could go back to the time before I ever saw Community because the first time was truly a blessing.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Season 3 and 4 are fantastic Season 5 sucks then it gets kinda good in Season 6 I think.

Wait I think it's season 4 that sucked. The one Dan Harmon didn't work on.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Making every episode an hour is the reason why I don't watch most Netflix shows. The majority would benefit from a 10-15 minutes cut in each episode.

Or just less episodes altogether. Over here I remember when a show gave us 4 full hour long episodes a year. You wouldn’t know when or if the show would ever return and we were happy with what we had godammit.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Or just less episodes altogether. Over here I remember when a show gave us 4 full hour long episodes a year. You wouldn’t know when or if the show would ever return and we were happy with what we had godammit.

Agree. Several Netflix shows should get less episodes with a shorter runtime. This shit is dragging big time in episode 2.

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Season 3 is on the same level. In season 4 Dan Harmon wasn't there and it became truly painful garbage with exactly two good episodes (8 and 11). In Season 5 Harmon is back and it becomes good again

• Like 1

I liked season 1 of Stranger Things but even that spun its wheels a lot. No reason it couldn't have been like 5 episodes instead of 8. Don't think I'll even bother with season 2 with these reactions, especially since I still got Mindhunter plus a ton of movies from earlier in the year on deck. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think Stranger Things is gonna suffer a similar fate as Mr Robot: it's the most buzzed about show for one season, then the second season sucks and everyone stops giving a shit. I won't be surprised if it gets snubbed at the Emmys next year tbh

That show got really annoying. The guy was just way too cynical, “how can people sleep at night knowing their iPhones are made in sweatshops blah blah blah”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I still consider the greatest step downs in quality of a TV show is between Boondocks Season 4, and Heroes Season 2. Any declines is the quality of Community does not compare.

I don't watch a lot of TV shows but:

Homeland fell off a cliff after Season 1.  It rebounded really good with Season 4 but then immediately went back to being dogshit and haven't watched it since.

Sons of Anarchy's first 2 seasons were pretty good but then it become hilariously stupid and pretentious.  I don't know how I finished that show.  Kurt Sutter also seems to have a creepy obsession with man rape.

Game of Thrones Season 5 was shit outside the Ramsay stuff.

I wouldn't exactly call The American's 5th season shitty, but it was definitely a disappointment after 4 fantastic seasons in a row.