Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, The Mad Panda said:

"No Music is allowed”, “you may not watch a movie with rock music or rated PG-13, R or X”

2 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

I think it’s only E-10 ratings or below

Jesus, Catholic schools are less strict. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrGamer said:

Jesus, Catholic schools are less strict. 

Out of curiosity I looked up their accredidation.  They have some phony one they got in 2011 from an organization that accredits Christian programs.  But no state or national accredidation.  You’d probably be better off with a degree from Trump U.

• Like 1

I don’t understand how I’ve been oblivious to this, but WTF?  Private Universities are actually allowed to ban sex and same-sex relationships for employees?

Apparently ACU is adding a new policy to “be more inclusive” that bans student employees from being in a same sex relationship.  Although they ‘allow’ non-workers to be in same-sex relationships, as long as no sex is being had.

I don’t get how this is constitutional, even for a private business.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/main-news/acu-president-speaks-out-on-decision-to-ban-same-sex-relationships-for-student-workers/1073679363

They have a social work major I see. I feel like writing the department an email since thier school is violating the Social Work Code of Ethics. 

Lololol I glanced through their code of conduct and wtf.  Yikes.  They shouldn’t even be allowed to be accredited, that’s signing up for a cult.

You can't even dance.  What is this Footloose?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lmao I know I didn't just hear what I thought I heard. Yall have to enunciate better. A Groupon commercial just came on with Queen Tiff and it goes...

"Just because you pay less doesn't mean you get less. Haircuts 50 percent off, nails 60 percent off, the pool boy and me? 100 percent on." [Camera cuts to sexy pool boy]. She talks so fast, it took me a good 5 minutes to realize she says "and me" and not "in me", or at least I think. Boy that was wild.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Lmao I know I didn't just hear what I thought I heard. Yall have to enunciate better. A Groupon commercial just came on with Queen Tiff and it goes...

"Just because you pay less doesn't mean you get less. Haircuts 50 percent off, nails 60 percent off, the pool boy and me? 100 percent on." [Camera cuts to sexy pool boy]. She talks so fast, it took me a good 5 minutes to realize she says "and me" and not "in me", or at least I think. Boy that was wild.

I honestly didn't know Groupon was still a thing.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Footloose has always been a guilty pleasure despite the premise being dumb as fuck. Banning dancing for what was obviously a case of drunk driving? 

Reading the code of conduct dancing clearly leads to sex.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The only way to cheer me up from this is a Matt Renshaw 100 and Maxwell reverse sweeping us to a glorious win. 

I suspect Warner has done this before and got away with it.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm very annoyed with the state of the Spotify Top 50 (US) right now. For starters, there's this shit clogging up 20% of it:

6 XXXTENTACION songs

2 Logic songs

2 Shawn Mendes songs

Now, I actually like around 20-22 songs in the top 50 right now, but when about 15 of them have Post Malone, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, or a member of Migos, there's basically no variety. The other 20 or so songs on the chart are boring filler. The chart was pretty good not too long ago! WTF happened?

Now people stream rap and download pop. He's a very Spotify friendly artist, so is Post Malone. Those songs will be off the chart in a week or so once his fans actually start listening to something else. Don't talk shit about Logic though.

I will say, Friends by Marshmellow and Anne Marie is probably the most underrated song at that list. Nowadays, Mine, Plug Walk, and 66 are fun too and I enjoy watching Powerglide make its steady climb upwards.

• Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Panda a few days into his first semester. 

IndelibleAromaticIrrawaddydolphin-size_r 

I did more reading from former students.

Some of the stories include students using staring into eyes as a substitute for kissing.

Students aren’t allowed off campus unless they’re with 3 other people of the same gender and go to an approved location. 

And then there’s the more sinister Handmaid’s tale type discrimination

A girl there kissed her boyfriend, the next day was taken to the dean’s office, and forced to take a pregnancy test (in a way that made it overly obvious she was being forced to)

Girls had to wear pantyhose in order to “avoid blame for rape” and many had UTI’s due to this.

Females weren’t allowed to work off-campus, males were.  They were also limited with what jobs were approved (usually low paying to unpaid jobs)

A girl who was raped was given the blame and punished for it.

This is in the US guys, in the present day.  WTF.

• ...wtf 1

Whenever people bring up movies that “couldn’t be made today” they always bring up something that  could quite easily be made toady with the right casting and right marketing behind it. 

Most of the films that actually couldn’t be made today were too crappy to even be remembered, or simply fine movies featuring elements that could easily be changed and altered without impacting the story.

Now, today I decided to watch Disney’s Pocahontas.... fuck Blazing Saddles THIS is something that couldn’t be made today. It is fucking outrageous. What an odd miscalculation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I suspect Warner has done this before and got away with it.

Oh for sure it's just he was arousing too much suspicion so he had Bancroft do it for this Test. He did a terrible job apparently because the ball didn't change according to the umpires lol.

Still find it hard to believe Lehmann wasn't in on it but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Still needs to go as coach though after the series.

WTF I read further, they literally have segregated parking lots and elevators for men and women to avoid physical contact. 

“No Music is allowed”, “you may not watch a movie with rock music or rated PG-13, R or X”

Sounds like a great place to meet someone and have a relationship.  Can't wait to go on a date with someone there and be forced to sit at least 5 seats away from them while watching Sherlock Gnomes.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1