Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I don't have a lot of good things to say about myself but I did something inspirited by a bad movie...my closed friend's farm was being foreclosed by the local bank...

And so, I bought the bank...

So instead of just paying off your friend's loan, you decided to spend millions of dollars, sign an insane amount of paperwork, and go through multiple government agencies....even though you probably won't be able to acquire the bank in time (thanks to all the red tape) to save your friend's farm from being foreclosed?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I don't have a lot of good things to say about myself but I did something inspirited by a bad movie...my closed friend's farm was being foreclosed by the local bank...

And so, I bought the bank...

I thought your parents put all your money in a trust?

Just now, Water Bottle said:

So instead of just paying off your friend's loan, you decided to spend millions of dollars, sign an insane amount of paperwork, and go through multiple government agencies....even though you probably won't be able to acquire the bank in time (thanks to all the red tape) to save your friend's farm from being foreclosed?

Nahh I am not that stupid. 

The local bank is stupidly overly leveraged. There are times to always find an opportunity in a tragedy. 

Yes but find the bank isn't cheap and it's not like buying a car where you walk into the bank store and say that you want to purchase the bank.

• Community Manager
Just now, ACSlater said:

Nahh I am not that stupid. 

The local bank is stupidly overly leveraged. There are times to always find an opportunity in a tragedy. 

Overly leveraged? What does that have to do with the red tape of buying a bank?

Just now, baumer said:

Yes but find the bank isn't cheap and it's not like buying a car where you walk into the bank store and say that you want to purchase the bank.

You would be surprised. It was a local bank. Its all about leveraging the cost v. assets. 

By the way anyone doing the movie pass thing again?

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

You would be surprised. It was a local bank. Its all about leveraging the cost v. assets. 

Bad investment right now. Don't buy it. Losing money, business plan remains very iffy. Only chance of making your money back is if Amazon buys it. Big if though.

Only stupider investment decision though would be to just buy a bank because it's foreclosing on a friend's farm.

Don't be changing the subject now.

How much did the bank cost?

• Haha 1

You can buy a bank, but you need Movie Pass?

🤔🤔

• Like 1

Fun banking fact #1

Apparently there are only 26 banks in New Zealand.

The top 4 control 90% of the market and are all subsidiaries of Australian banks.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Fun banking fact #1

Apparently there are only 26 banks in New Zealand.

The top 4 control 90% of the market and are all subsidiaries of Australian banks.

Buy one. It's doable if it's overleveraged...well that means it's losing money and you assume responsibility for all of the debt...but you can get it for pennies on the New Zeeland version of the dollar!

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Buy one. It's doable if it's overleveraged...well that means it's losing money and you assume responsibility for all of the debt...but you can get it for pennies on the New Zeeland version of the dollar!

I believe they are called kiwi's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Deep Wang said:

I believe they are called kiwi's.

What kind of an American are you that you know anything about a foreign country like New Zeeland? 

At this rate you might as well be our Secretary of State.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Did your parents co-sign for you since they have your money in trust?

Just out of curiosity, did your criminal record get mentioned at all?  Or did you get those charges dropped yet?

Sorry dude, but you have said a lot of pretty outlandish things here in the past....there's too many of them to name, but this one is jumping the shark.  Why would you buy the bank in the first place?  Why not just pay off his loan to the bank, get the farm back and then have an orgy at the farm with all your underwear models that you date?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3