Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I'm happy for Andrew Garfield becoming a Tony winner last night as well for Laurie Metcalf. She recently said that she hasn't received much in the way of work since Lady Bird (even though she had the Roseanne reboot that went kaput plus a one episode stint on Supergirl this past season). I guess she'll always have the stage.

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

The sequel's gonna make more than Black Panther, calling it now.

When the trailer played before Ocean's 8 this past weekend, some grandma in the row in front of me said out loud she can't wait to see it. Gonna be funny when it inevitably opens at #1 and the "comic book/Star Wars movies only" nuts here wonder why.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

When the trailer played before Ocean's 8 this past weekend, some grandma in the row in front of me said out loud she can't wait to see it. Gonna be funny when it inevitably opens at #1 and the "comic book/Star Wars movies only" nuts here wonder why.

Everyone here expects it to win its OW tho

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Everyone here expects it to win its OW tho

So am I (FWIW I'm thinking it'll open in the low-$40M range that Ocean's 8 just did) but it'll still be funny seeing certain members say "OMG an ABBA musical beat Ant-Man 2's third weekend" and of course the posters who will claim that watching the movie will make your penis turn into a vagina or whatever.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

When the trailer started at my showing yesterday, some teenage girl squealed when she saw the trailer (she also squealed at Fantastic Beasts and gasped when James Corden appeared)

Never thought I'd utter this phrase, but La Binoche is right. Speed is a timeless classic. Great cast, unique concept, thrilling set pieces, badass line from the hero after he stops the villain. One of the best movies of the 90's imo. Don't understand why it doesn't get as much love as Die Hard.

Also loving thus IHOB freakout. Campaign of the year, the have people literally shook.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Never thought I'd utter this phrase, but La Binoche is right. Speed is a timeless classic. Great cast, unique concept, thrilling set pieces, badass line from the hero after he stops the villain. One of the best movies of the 90's imo. Don't understand why it doesn't get as much love as Die Hard.

Also loving thus IHOB freakout. Campaign of the year, the have people literally shook.

BUT WHY DOESN'T THE B STAND FOR BREAKFAST

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Mamma Mia 2 over 60M OW.  Club coming on July 13

The legs on MM2 are gonna be wild.  That is the one trailer that gets my old lady audiences LIT every time.  

• Like 1