Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

No, it still sucks. The beach is played out by August because its TOO HOT. It's been hot since April/May, by August you're over it and just begging for snow. Olympics don't count. Theyre every four years and the next 3 start in July and the one before last started in July. Nice try tho. And yes, no holidays is a problem regardless of what you are. With no holidays, there's no day in August that gives you an excuse to be merry, patriotic, litty, eat like a pig, dress up, drink where you're passed out before 5pm, etc.

But I'm American and I'm ignorant to other countries' August's. I'm glad your August is great, but US August sucks, always has, always will, easily number 12 of the great 11 months. You won't convince me otherwise. Even January kicks August in the tant.

I'm sorry but no one is watching Duquesne vs UMass lol. All those August 30/31st games are basically September. It's September -1 and September 0. August still sucks.

I feel like there are just a number of factors that are different in the US compared to Europe.

Everyone that I know loves Augut tbh. It's also the hottest month for holiday in Europe.

Btw, Olympics are once in every 4 uears but there arre a number of track and field competitions every year usually taking place in August. Right now I am watching European champss

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

Do I want to know?

I made the joke in the GOTG3 thread about, if Batista got out of his contract to play Drax, Disney can just call in Christopher Plummer to replace him. Apparently, if you make that joke, you're comparing somebody like Gunn or Batista with people who have rape allegations against them like Spacey. That was news to me earlier.

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

I made the joke in the GOTG3 thread about, if Batista got out of his contract to play Drax, Disney can just call in Christopher Plummer to replace him. Apparently, if you make that joke, you're comparing somebody like Gunn or Batista with people who have rape allegations against them like Spacey. That was news to me earlier.

I have mostly stayed out of even venturing into the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 thread because I figured it would turn into a dumpster fire at some point with everything that's been going on. Good to know those instincts were indeed correct.

Edited by filmlover

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I have mostly stayed out of even venturing into the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 thread because I figured it would turn into a dumpster fire at some point with everything that's been going on. Good to know those instincts were indeed correct.

What's funny is I made a Plummer joke when Gunn got fired and I didn't get a lecture then.

25 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Gotcha

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

The worst feeling is now when you get a reaction and then it's a not cool reaction (this post is now gonna have 15 people react with a not cool)

At least people still care enough to part with one of their 25 daily reactions I guess. Unless they have a gold account

• Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

the same user who told you off for that gave me a lecture for making a henry cavil mustache joke a couple weeks ago so i think you're fine.

I’m gonna need context for this.

1 minute ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

there should really be a list of 'new rules' on the freedom of discussion and exchange of intelligence.

it seems there is a lot of 'hush hush' AQP propaganda,  what is that supposed to do, fan the flame?  if you feel threatened to stay quiet, are you supposed to smile and stay quiet?

do people see evil and danger with change and try to eliminate information portals?

avoid risk to make things happier?

44 minutes ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

is the not cool reaction supposed to socially help with something?

what about picking people into teams?

**I guess maybe it is not cool to stay on the computer and make asses out of teachers on the internet when you could be doing it in the real world

hermione.png

Screen_Shot_2016-11-17_at_5.11.39_PM.png

maybe it is a male thing? (females do like to contain too).  Are we levelling out the playing field by deleting evidence and intelligence to make things cooler?

giving into social peer pressure to conform to a social safety net?

DONT GIVE UP ON WHO YOU ARE.  IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE PICKED LAST IN A TEAM, MAKE IT COUNT, BREAK GROUND.  THEY DONT KNOW OR CARE.

i'd like to think the reaction was added exactly for posts like these! that you have 2000 'likes' is somewhat misleading when they're probably mostly confused winoji ryders. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1