Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Guys, could you please give us that perhaps there’s weird nuances and shit that are directly due to our own particular messed-up history, which won’t be readily obvious or even understandable to folks who haven’t spent a great deal of time in this country? I mean, shit, I’m just realizing and understanding some of it myself. 

• Like 1

I have legit been obsessing over Camelot for like three weeks.  Is it good, or it fucking terrible and people just like it cause it stared a 20-something Julie Andrews and Jackie O Co-op'd it for the Kennedy Legacy. (I'm kind of in the latter, but oh my god, If Ever I Would Leave You.) And now I just read this:

Breaking: Lin-Manuel Miranda, Solea Pfeiffer, Jordan Donica, Ruthie Ann Miles & More Will Lead CAMELOT Benefit Concert

My Emotions.  So many emotions.

“When we talk about diversity, don’t forget about disability,” says Farrelly. “Ten percent of the country is disabled, but only one percent of them is working.”

I suspect he's only putting it out there because of his brother.  

• Knock It Off 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also Bo Burnham beat Bradley Cooper for First Feature. Happy to see Eighth Grade getting love, but it's a shame that A Star is Born couldn't even snag a win there. Movie clearly peaked way too early.

Kinda sad, it just keeps losing everywhere. I really felt like it was going to be an awards sweeper at one point.

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Image result for gru glass gif

Remember that time George Clooney randomly took credit for civil rights in his acceptance speech?

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Kinda sad, it just keeps losing everywhere. I really felt like it was going to be an awards sweeper at one point.

Another victim to the frontrunner curse. Blowing up in October made keeping up the momentum throughout the season a tough task.

6 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Guys, could you please give us that perhaps there’s weird nuances and shit that are directly due to our own particular messed-up history, which won’t be readily obvious or even understandable to folks who haven’t spent a great deal of time in this country? I mean, shit, I’m just realizing and understanding some of it myself. 

I find that is why Americans never get past such issues, unlike other countries.

But based on my understanding of American history and culture, there is  'a lot to get past'... 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

That's why a lot of people are taking issue with the movie (choice in perspective). :lol:

I take issue that the movie can only be enjoyable to white people because it seems people on this forum assume every minority person is some person obsessed about seeing everything based on their race and cant enjoy a film like The Green Book.

It shows how detached many people here on such issues from reality.

Because using that logic you are going to tell me only 'white people' enjoyed The Blind Side. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

12 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Lets go Patriots Lets go. 

Who here is supporting them?

Rams got gifted in to the SB, NE earned it...so against my better nature, I'm gonna be cheering for Tom Brady and the records (maybe not NE in total, but Brady to get another record, and not just the oldest guy in the SB one)...

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Incredibles 2 is insanely gorgeous. Film itself is pretty fun with some terrific action but the animation something else.

32029529587_5c39c4df28_b.jpg

I was debating with a friend of mine a couple months ago about what's the best-looking animated movie. Neither of us chose I2, but it was very close.

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I was debating with a friend of mine a couple months ago about what's the best-looking animated movie. Neither of us chose I2, but it was very close.

you mean Hollywood animated films? just CGI ones?

cause obviously theres shit ton of incredible looking 2D foreign movies and even a lot of 2D disney films.

• Like 1