Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen a few people on my twitter feed say it. no idea why. i went looking for the Ep 9 thread to post about it. no idea it was locked. we need it unlocked cos if the title reveal really is tomorrow SOME OF US need to get our unfunny joke suggestions for what the title should be in under the wire.

Tomorrow's when Disney discusses their Q1 2019 financial results. At those meetings, stuff like Rogue One's title, and Rian Johnson being announced for Last Jedi happened.

Also, this

But yeah mods, I think it's time to unlock the thread.

Admittedly, a funnier story was how I had to request the mods to unlock the Dora the Explorer thread after somebody (I think it was Tree) was thirsting over the girl playing Dora. All I wanted to do was alert peeps Eugenio Derbez was the villain.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Admittedly, a funnier story was how I had to request the mods to unlock the Dora the Explorer thread after somebody (I think it was Tree) was thirsting over the girl playing Dora. All I wanted to do was alert peeps Eugenio Derbez was the villain.

I know it was Tree and I’ve never even read that thread.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

The LA police department has a long history of racism and brutality against minorities (particularly African-Americans) so the reaction to the trial was in large part a reaction to those decades of the police abusing their neighborhoods: a bitter “fuck you!” at the justice system that for 80-odd years had been almost systemically targeted at them.  

8 hours ago, Alli said:

I don't know why most people hate the police in the US. They have a tough job. Most people own a gun in the US. It's scary to be a policeman over there. Dangers at every step

8 hours ago, The Panda said:

I don’t know if it’s hate for all police.  But the fact there’s so many corrupt police that get covered up by their department it makes it hard to know which ones you can trust or not.

8 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Yeah I get this but even then... what type of 'fuck you' was that? Was he one of them? Was he sharing their struggles? That's the mentality I don't get. Being simply from the same race, the same nationality, sharing the same sexual orientation or gender doesn't mean that you face same struggles and you have same interests.

If anything, it was a huge FU to them. They were told that we will continue to get you behind bars or kill you for little to no reason while this guy butchered 2 people and got away with it because he was part of the system.

7 hours ago, Barnack said:

Is it really most ? and if so is there anything special about the US ?

t_k05dmyvu-bagvwhf0hiq.png

Only two other institutions (the military and small business) of the 15 others measured this year scored higher than the police.

Police do seem to be one of the must trusted and liked institution in the US.

Confidence in Institutions: 2016 and 2017
  June 2016 June 2017 Change: 2016 to 2017
  % % pct. pts.
Newspapers 20 27 7
Public schools 30 36 6
Banks 27 32 5
Organized labor 23 28 5
U.S. Supreme Court 36 40 4
Criminal justice system 23 27 4
Congress 9 12 3
Television news 21 24 3
Big business 18 21 3
Small business 68 70 2
Police 56 57 1
Church or organized religion 41 41 0
Military 73 72 -1
Medical system 39 37 -2
Presidency 36 32 -4
News on the internet n/a 16 n/a
GALLUP

https://news.gallup.com/poll/196610/americans-respect-police-surges.aspx

• 76% say they have "a great deal" of respect for the police in their area

I think this can be a case were people that dislike the police are much more vocals (or at least for what reach you) giving a false impression, 

Police are weird.  They are not us.  They are at war... where did they come from?  They shout, they hate, they have guns, they watch.  It is a weird fate.

What are they trying to represent?  They are human repellent - yet they believe in themselves, their ideas and emotions, and acting up w/ power.  

I hope their are police robots soon.  

Edited by romancechemicalsWW12
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, romancechemicalsWW12 said:

Police are weird.  They are not us.  They are at war... where did they come from?  They shout, they hate, they have guns, they watch.  It is a weird fate.

What are they trying to represent?  They are human repellent.  

I hope their are police robots soon.  

hope so.

EssentialBouncyAlleycat-small.gif

• Disbelief 1

All the proof you need that Sarah Paulson is the best thing to ever come out of my state: she was so upset by Roseanna Arquette's recent interviews where she's stated that no one has given her work since being one of the first women to step forward with the Weinstein allegations (no doubt as some form of "punishment") that she and Ryan Murphy gave her a part on their upcoming Nurse Ratched series for Netflix. A true queen.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/sarah-paulson-rosanna-arquette-ryan-murphy-ratched-netflix-series-1203128119/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I kinda hope they go the Endgame route and keep people guessing up until the summer.

I think they should try getting support / good will from their fans back as early as possible. Marvel can do whatever they like because they're in the fans good books and everyone is eagerly anticipating EG.

Not the case with Star Wars.