Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I have been at my new job for three wonderful days and yesterday I won a customer service award.  I was told they have never given that award to someone so new before.  When I worked for Kroger I got 10 in one month.  Hopefully I can do that here!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

There's always conspiracy theories about world leaders trying to reduce world population by creating diseases, viruses and stuff. But isn't it better to have more people, and people living longer, because that's more people working, producing, and consuming? Don't powerful people make more money with more people on Earth? Are conspiracy theorists implying powerful people are worried about the environment? LMAO.

the people want organized religion.  the evolution of our feelings, purpose, and restrictions settled/negotiated by God, our collective thought, and law.

Easter should be holier then ever for children and families.  What is the individual doing about it?  Just keeping the peace??

Edited by 2019 movie coverage

57 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

:hahaha:This is precious.

Kinda reminds me of Regal censoring Kick-Ass on all its electronic displays in 2010. And you bet your a-star-star I was a little smart-a-star-star and said "One for Kick-A-Star-Star" at the ticket window.

On 4/20/2019 at 12:43 AM, CoolioD1 said:

neighbours are doing some weird shit. they're standing around a big fire in their back garden. i figured it's cos it's easter and i know they're christians so maybe something with that but they've never gone full wicker man like this before. it's past midnight guys.

mfw he's done this three nights in a row

Screen-Shot-2018-12-11-at-10.49.54-AM.pn

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just finished reading the just-published Best. Movie. Year. Ever., which covers a variety of movies released in 1999.

Pretty solid book, though I'm really surprised that South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut didn't get its own chapter, especially when there's a really weird chapter devoted entirely to teen movies from early in the year (like, are Varsity Blues and She's All That really worthier of examination than a film that had a ton to say about the times in such a unique manner?).

Edited by Webslinger

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Just finished reading the just-published Best. Movie. Year. Ever., which covers a variety of movies released in 1999.

Pretty solid book, though I'm really surprised that South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut didn't get its own chapter, especially when there's a really weird chapter devoted entirely to teen movies from early in the year (like, are Varsity Blues and She's All That really worthier of examination than a film that had a ton to say about the times in such a unique manner?).

is 10 things i hate about you in that section? what a great film. easily the best teen flick of 99 (unless you count election which i don't)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

is 10 things i hate about you in that section? what a great film. easily the best teen flick of 99 (unless you count election which i don't)

Yeah, 10 Things is in that section, but there's not a whole lot of content on it. Election actually gets a pretty good bit of coverage in another chapter.

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

My copy was delivered yesterday. Looking forward to reading it.