Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hooters IS terrible though. :thinking:

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

SMH, a gen xer who doesn't like Hooters.

I deliberately channeled @Tele Dondarrion there (right down to the emoticon use).  I figured that since he's sulking on the app right now and won't come and play with us in the forums someone needed to pick up that standard. :lol:

Just now, Porthos said:

You haven't missed a damn thing.

I can easily imagine.

As for your commercial casual places, Denny's is very much a flat experience. You'll get decent food at a decent price,but it'll pass from memory by the next meal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I can easily imagine.

As for your commercial casual places, Denny's is very much a flat experience. You'll get decent food at a decent price,but it'll pass from memory by the next meal.

Damn, I sure want my chain restaurants to be memorable.

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You haven't missed a damn thing.

To show how oblivious I am, Client of mine once decided that we will all go to a place called The Tilted Kilt for lunch. It's basically a Scottish themed Hooters. I didn't realize that was the case till halfway through eating dessert when I suddenly realized the waitresses were all wearing Scottish themed miniskirts and tight t-shirts. I mean I saw that when we walked in, but it really did not click in my mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

To show how oblivious I am, Client of mine once decided that we will all go to a place called The Tilted Kilt for lunch. It's basically a Scottish themed Hooters. I didn't realize that was the case till halfway through eating dessert when I suddenly realized the waitresses were all wearing Scottish themed miniskirts and tight t-shirts. I mean I saw that when we walked in, but it really did not click in my mind.

If it was just that I don't think I would have labeled Hooters as so damn depressing.  It was when they came to a table of someone eating (or maybe in the middle of the restaurant, memory is a little hazy after all these years) and did some sort of dance/cheer routine that literally caused me to sink into my chair in mortification as I was seeing it.

I'll never forget the 'dead eyes' on the face of one of the waitresses as she was going through the motions of it.  That was the moment it slid from 'ick' to 'cringe'/'depressing'.

Plus, as I said, the food was awful too.  Just a bad experience all the way around.

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If it was just that I don't think I would have labeled Hooters as so damn depressing.  It was when they came to a table of someone eating (or maybe in the middle of the restaurant, memory is a little hazy after all these years) and did some sort of dance/cheer routine that literally caused me to sink into my chair in mortification as I was seeing it.

I'll never forget the 'dead eyes' on the face of one of the waitresses as she was going through the motions of it.  That was the moment it slid from 'ick' to 'cringe'/'depressing'.

Plus, as I said, the food was awful too.  Just a bad experience all the way around.

I can imagine. The only time I actually had Hooters food was when I once ordered the wings through DoorDash while at a client location because the clients were saying how good the wings are. They were fine if I recall, nothing great that I ever ordered from there again.

32 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I can easily imagine.

Well...yeah. I mean, what do you expect from Denny's?

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Didn't know they had Denny's in Canada.

Denny's
Diner company

Description

Denny's is an American table service diner-style restaurant chain. It operates over 1,600 restaurants in the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Mexico, The Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Japan, Honduras, New Zealand, Qatar, Philippines, United Arab Emirates, Curaçao, and the United Kingdom.Wikipedia

Straight from Google.

===

I actually think Denny's gets something of a bad rap, which is why I felt bad singling them out.  But I didn't want to waste time thinking of which low-dollar chain restaurants was the worst I'd been to.

Actually now that I think about it, they're all pretty tolerable.  Except for the one I've been bashing the last few posts. ;)

Just now, Porthos said:

Straight from Google.

===

I actually think Denny's gets something of a bad rap, which is why I felt bad singling them out.  But I didn't want to waste time thinking of which low-dollar chain restaurants was the worst I'd been to.

Actually now that I think about it, they're all pretty tolerable.  Except for the one I've been bashing the last few posts. ;)

WTF, why is there Denny's in Japan? I thought they had good taste.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Straight from Google.

===

Denny’s is fine, IHOP does that segment better imo. Waffle House is decent as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Straight from Google.

===

No Porthos, we cannot have this be civil.

We rank the cheap chain restaurants, and then argue for 10 weeks

• Haha 1