Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jason-mitchell-fired-uta-authentic-dropped-the-chi-desperados-misconduct-allegations-1202618811/

they don't say what he's accused of but it must be pretty serious if both his agencies, his tv show and a movie all dropped him quick before the story hit. shame if he's totally fucked up his career somehow. dude's a real talent.

Wow :/  And I thought Constance going off after the renewal was bad. 

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jason-mitchell-fired-uta-authentic-dropped-the-chi-desperados-misconduct-allegations-1202618811/

they don't say what he's accused of but it must be pretty serious if both his agencies, his tv show and a movie all dropped him quick before the story hit. shame if he's totally fucked up his career somehow. dude's a real talent.

Well this is disappointing.

Chernobyl better win best Make-Up (Or Best VFX if that was VFX touch-ups) at the Emmys this year.  God, that's gonna haunt my dreams for years.  

• Like 1

I didn't pay much attention to the GRRM X From Software rumors since they came from Liam Robertson and Spawn Wave, but they're gaining traction now with GRRM's blog post and a report from Gematsu and I'm fucking stoked for whatever the hell FromSoft is cooking up

7 hours ago, MrGamer said:

You should watch Hard to be a God instead...

7 hours ago, tawasal said:

Is it like one of those religious movies (Gods Not Dead)?

7 hours ago, cannastop said:

Oh shit, I just remembered what Hard to Be a God is.

No, it's not a religious film.

If you DO watch it, make sure to leave a Live Blog of thoughts in the dedicated thread we have for it. :ph34r:

(I'll link to it if you actually DO watch it. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@CJohn TVI had their 1st distanced win in a long time this past Sunday, mostly because their schedule played like what we've come to expect from TVI Sundays: from Eucaristia Dominical onwards, TVI rarely dipped below 18% share, with everything from Jornal da Uma up until the end of Your Face Sounds Familiar above 20%. What pushed this win was Somos Portugal, which came back to great results (albeit the cinema on SIC's side was pretty competitive.... at least The Mask Of Zorro, cause Zoolander 2 bombed big time). And the somewhat helpful aid of Your Face Sounds Familiar, which had a stronger than expected premiere..... of just over 10% rating and 25% share. Which was the worst premiere result ever for the show. And it got crushed by the finale of The Farmer Wants A Wife. Still, for a show so overdone and with the most depressing heritage it could have possibly asked for, I guess that's a fine result? Enough to hold TVI's share average in the 19% range for the day. But Somos Portugal was the MVP. It's like a phoenix: it rises back from the ashes when you start preparing its coffin.

That being said, SIC crushed them yesterday by the exact same distance, and TVI had the finale of Valor da Vida to supposedly fall on :rofl:. And A Prisioneira - which debuts fucking tonight, and there are still street posters saying "coming soon"... why not "premieres on May 21st", you IDIOTS?! - isn't looking much higher than 11/12% rating for its premiere prospects as of right now. Meanwhile, Golpe de Sorte got a Cristina special entirely dedicated to it at 7PM, which was probably a gigantic hit. And even Alma e Coração has held ship on primetime on its own better than it + Vidas Opostas used to. If SIC make the right choice - Golpe at 9PM, Alma at 11PM - TVI is all but doomed to lose the primetime.

Just now, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Is there a thread for the show Barry on HBO? Can't find it in the tv section.

I'm pretty sure all of the Barry discussion has been in here lol. Definitely one of the best shows on TV though. Give it all the Emmys!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure all of the Barry discussion has been in here lol. Definitely one of the best shows on TV though. Give it all the Emmys!

Yeah seems underrated. 

Anyways I made a thread for it. It should be renewed for 3rd season. Ratings seemed to have gone up. 

Well, you guys warned me that I should have not dated two girls at once...

I should have listened lol 😅 

(I am ending it this Sunday, I will be leaving my first gf for the other girl I am dating and I feel like crap. I know the moral thing to do was dump my first gf and then find someone else but I met this 2nd person and I was already having doubts whether I wanted to be with my first gf).

1 hour ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Yeah seems underrated. 

Anyways I made a thread for it. It should be renewed for 3rd season. Ratings seemed to have gone up. 

good news they already renewed it like a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got 8 inches of snow ❄️ overnight.  Heavy wet stuff that may have killed my old lilac and has completely buried my new lilac I got for mother’s day.  I am more upset than I should be about the death of a 20 year old plant and a baby plant.

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well, you guys warned me that I should have not dated two girls at once...

I should have listened lol 😅 

(I am ending it this Sunday, I will be leaving my first gf for the other girl I am dating and I feel like crap. I know the moral thing to do was dump my first gf and then find someone else but I met this 2nd person and I was already having doubts whether I wanted to be with my first gf).

Wow, I didn't know you were this big of a dumbass.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1