Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, Eric the Lion said:

The issue with game of thrones season 8 was not that people got bored of the world 

They got upset the tv show ended so quickly and badly.

Game of Thrones could have gone 2 more seasons really, the interest was massive. 

This is a show going into the past of the world 

Edited by Torontofan

10 hours ago, Eric the Lion said:

The final season and episode hurt the original show from being the big cultural juggernaut it used to be, this is their second chance. An IP only fails after repeated face plants now, the pilot was good so if they can keep it going the universe will be fine even if it never reaches the heights of GOT S8 anymore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eric the Lion said:

GOT was widely beloved for years, people named their kids after those characters. Fans mostly blamed the writers for not being up to par at the end, and they're not involved in the new series.

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol he is a gift.

Well, no wonder Emma Stone split up from him... And, he ended up getting nominated for Hacksaw Ridge instead. The lesson, kids? Try acting! J/k, Andrew seems to like what he got out of the experience, so good for him I guess.

4 hours ago, Torontofan said:

As long as the shows of are high quality and productions values there are tons of game of thrones storylines they can explore.

Aegons conquest would be a crazy cool show. 

I would like to see them get around to Dunk and Egg sometime..though that would be something different, a might lighter take on the GOT world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Ouch.

So Will Smith gets in trouble for defending his wife, but Jason Sudekis can threaten to rip away a mother from her child live on-stage and... nothing???

disgusted-eww.gif

Suspicious. Suspicious indeed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Ouch.

3 hours ago, AJG said:

So Will Smith gets in trouble for defending his wife, but Jason Sudekis can threaten to rip away a mother from her child live on-stage and... nothing???

disgusted-eww.gif

Suspicious. Suspicious indeed.

I mean, Sudekis might very well be a creep, but from what little I know of the process server industry in the US, Jordan Maison is quite right about it.  Including about how some are pretty sus.

I would also add, again from what little second and third hand experience I had with them (I knew someone who was a law student at the time who was process serving for a summer and they told me about their experiences as well their colleagues who also were serving), they can indeed get quite... creative about how they plan to serve someone.  Especially if they are having trouble serving them in person.

So when it went down last April it wasn't a surprise to me.  At all.  In the slightest.

Edited by Porthos

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I mean, Sudekis might very well be a creep, but from what little I know of the process server industry in the US, Jordan Maison is quite right about it.  Including about how some are pretty sus.

From what I have read, that bit with how the process server managed to serve the document to Tony Stark in "Ironman 2" is actually how a lot of them operate.

6 minutes ago, Eric the Genie said:

It still tickles me that Mike White hired one of his Survivor teammates to be on The White Lotus in a not completely insignificant role. Hopefully the beginning of a tradition and that he hired someone else to be on the new season lol.