Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I've never really followed the Emmys but did Rhea Seahorn just win?  Amazing episode.  This was like the Ozymandias of BCS but it played out in its own more subdued way in keeping with the differences between it and Breaking Bad.  Can next week get here already, fuck.

And LOL Emilio

Edited by Ozymandias

28 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I've never really followed the Emmys but did Rhea Seahorn just win?  Amazing episode.  This was like the Ozymandias of BCS but it played out in its own more subdued way in keeping with the differences between it and Breaking Bad.  Can next week get here already, fuck.

And LOL Emilio

Love Seehorn (and BCS) but I think it's going to go to the Squid Game actress since that's the category where it seems the most likely to take home a major win and I'm not sure about Julia Garner winning again. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

this is wild

I've been wondering why he's been in the news recently for the Lord of the Rings show when he's involved in it, but then I saw...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I've been wondering why he's been in the news recently for the Lord of the Rings show when he's involved in it, but then I saw...

I'm sure it goes a little deeper than that.  From my understanding, the Rings of Power cannot be canon or aesthetically similar to any of the Jackson films because WB owns the rights to all the designs in those movies.  Amazon probably had a bunch of IP lawyers combing over everything they did before they committed to it and told them having Jackson directly involved probably wouldn't be the smartest idea for legal reasons.  I suspect this is the reason why the Hobbits in the show are called Harfoots instead of Hobbits(Harfoots are Hobbits despite whatever the showrunners say), the orcs are all grey/white instead of green/black/brown/blue/etc, the Elves don't look ethereal and more human, and why Numenor looks weird and not really like the advanced ancestral Atlantis of Gondor.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm sure it goes a little deeper than that.  From my understanding, the Rings of Power cannot be canon or aesthetically similar to any of the Jackson films because WB owns the rights to all the designs in those movies.  Amazon probably had a bunch of IP lawyers combing over everything they did before they committed to it and told them having Jackson directly involved probably wouldn't be the smartest idea for legal reasons.  I suspect this is the reason why the Hobbits in the show are called Harfoots instead of Hobbits(Harfoots are Hobbits despite whatever the showrunners say), the orcs are all grey/white instead of green/black/brown/blue/etc, the Elves don't look ethereal and more human, and why Numenor looks weird and not really like the advanced ancestral Atlantis of Gondor.

Possibly.

I just hope it's good and not another Amazon whiff that no one cares about ala Wheel of Time (prayer circle that the Emerald Fennell movie results in Rosamund Pike getting consistently good offers afterwards, something that didn't really materialize after Gone Girl). Early buzz for House of the Dragon is pretty good, which is a bit of a relief (and perhaps a sign that those two not being involved might be the best thing that could've happened to it).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1