Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

WHAT A CLUTCH CATCH!!!!!! :circles: :circles: :circles: 

Foot from a tie...guess couldn't be both Philly's teams night...

Phils again beat themselves...stranded way too many people all night...Harper was taken away and the other hitters just couldn't step up and beat the Astros pitching...

Stick a fork in it - Astros will win now without an epic choke on their part.  2 home games and Wheeler without his best stuff should be an easy series win.

With the Astros still with past cheaters on their roster, not sure anyone outside of Houston will enjoy that win...

Edited by TwoMisfits

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Foot from a tie...guess couldn't be both Philly's teams night...

Phils again beat themselves...stranded way too many people all night...Harper was taken away and the other hitters just couldn't step up and beat the Astros pitching...

Stick a fork in it - Astros will win now without an epic choke on their part.  2 home games and Wheeler without his best stuff should be an easy series win.

With the Astros still with past cheaters on their roster, not sure anyone outside of Houston will enjoy that win...

The Astros have never choked away a 3-2 series lead going back to Houston. :sadfleck:

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The Astros have never choked away a 3-2 series lead going back to Houston. :sadfleck:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47sm7izn4d7ditt3mnnr

You post that after that win?

GTFOH with that noise and enjoy the journey/wins. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47sm7izn4d7ditt3mnnr

You post that after that win?

GTFOH with that noise and enjoy the journey/wins. :lol: 

It's just....

For real, I'm legitimately starting to feel some hope but y'know, those scars don't heal. But, maybe it's just a personal thing inside me. But I don't want to doom just to doom because obviously Phillies fans would much rather be in our position at this point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's just....

For real, I'm legitimately starting to feel some hope but y'know, those scars don't heal. But, maybe it's just a personal thing inside me. But I don't want to doom just to doom because obviously Phillies fans would much rather be in our position at this point.

I think you need to change your avatar as it's obviously dragging your psyche down. ;)

-----

I mean, I get the whole "scar" thing.  But, sakes alive, these sorts of teams don't come around every decade.  If you can't enjoy this as it's happening... Well, those 60 and 70 win seasons which will eventually come will put allllll of this in perspective.

Not that I can speak about this from very fresh memories or anythin',

*cough*

Anyway, being a Giants fan this year?  That was painful (relatively speaking as many fan bases had it much worse). 

This though?  Second Golden Age of Astros Baseball, if not the first (dep on how one viewed viewed various 'stros of the 80s and 90s-00s).  Might as well enjoy it while it lasts coz it most certainly won't last forever.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think you need to change your avatar as it's obviously dragging your psyche down. ;)

-----

I mean, I get the whole "scar" thing.  But, sakes alive, these sorts of teams don't come around every decade.  If you can't enjoy this as it's happening... Well, those 60 and 70 win seasons which will eventually come will put allllll of this in perspective.

Not that I can speak about this from very fresh memories or anythin',

*cough*

Anyway, being a Giants fan this year?  That was painful (relatively speaking as many fan bases had it much worse). 

This though?  Second Golden Age of Astros Baseball, if not the first (dep on how one viewed viewed various 'stros of the 80s and 90s-00s).  Might as well enjoy it while it lasts coz it most certainly won't last forever.

Unfortunately it's other things I'm not ready to get into :sadfleck:

• Sad 4

It is sad for both Houston and Philly that Kyrie Irving's antics are getting more coverage in the non sports media then the World Series.

Irving is a bigoted idiot. The guy spouts Anti Semitic crap, and questions if the world is round. Great look for the NBA.

1 hour ago, Eric Carey said:

WHAT

i can’t even process this. He was my age. And god, just had the worst time in Hollywood. It’s such a shame. Awful. Awful what that system does to their child stars. 

2 hours ago, Cap said:

i can’t even process this. He was my age. And god, just had the worst time in Hollywood. It’s such a shame. Awful. Awful what that system does to their child stars. 

Tragic. Judy Garland for the new century.

Edited by dudalb