Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Tragic. Judy Garland for the new century.

I would never go that far, but I can certainly see the parallels.

@Porthos @MrPink @Eric Carey @4815162342@TwoMisfits @Menor Reborn@K'uk'ulkan XXR

Watching Baseball is like watching a horror movie, I just realized.  Nothing happens for ages, it's all about the anticipation of something happening, and then when it happens, you're like: oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, it's happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

Twitter is naturally losing its mind at Wheeler getting pulled with Alvarado immediately giving up a 3 run jimmy jack, but I ****ONE MILLION PERCENT GUARANTEE YOU****  if Wheels was left in and kept giving up hits, those exact same fans/commentators would be losing their mind at leaving someone in who was 'obviously' fading.

Hindsight bias is the worst.  Absolutely the worst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eric Carey said:

Wack on a stick

Always sucks hearing this, but Phillies were a tough as nails opponent and if a couple of other breaks go their way, they'd be the ones celebrating.  Worthy opponents and a very well fought fight.

Commiserations to you as well as @4815162342 and @TwoMisfits.  

Just think the 'stros were just that little bit better in the bullpen and the offense and that was the difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

Well, division rivalry and years-old scandals notwithstanding, I am at least happy to see Dusty Baker finally getting a ring as a manager. After all his successes and heartbreaks at the helm of several franchises, the man deserves it.

Dusty Facts:

I'm biased, naturally.  But as a Giants fan and a baseball fan, I am just so so soooooo happy to see Dusty get his ring as a manager.  Dude has paid so many dues, and was treated so shabbily by the Nats ownership, that it is extra special sweet to see him finally get his ring as a manager.

Just as a baseball fan, I'm happy for Dusty and I no I'm not the only one.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Dusty Facts:

I'm biased, naturally.  But as a Giants fan and a baseball fan, I am just so so soooooo happy to see Dusty get his ring as a manager.  Dude has paid so many dues, and was treated so shabbily by the Nats ownership, that it is extra special sweet to see him finally get his ring as a manager.

Also seeing Justin Verlander finally get his ring?  Good to see as well.  But just as a baseball fan, I'm happy for Dusty and I no I'm not the only one.

I was definitely thinking of Dusty's ordeal with the Nats during that 9th inning. It's nice to see him prevail after being done dirty over playoff losses several times over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cap said:

I would never go that far, but I can certainly see the parallels.

@Porthos @MrPink @Eric Carey @4815162342@TwoMisfits @Menor Reborn@K'uk'ulkan XXR

Watching Baseball is like watching a horror movie, I just realized.  Nothing happens for ages, it's all about the anticipation of something happening, and then when it happens, you're like: oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, it's happening.

THIS IS WHY I CANT WATCH PLAYOFFS BUT I AM SO FULL OF LOVE TONIGHT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

Twitter is naturally losing its mind at Wheeler getting pulled with Alvarado immediately giving up a 3 run jimmy jack, but I ****ONE MILLION PERCENT GUARANTEE YOU****  if Wheels was left in and kept giving up hits, those exact same fans/commentators would be losing their mind at leaving someone in who was 'obviously' fading.

Hindsight bias is the worst.  Absolutely the worst.

I actually turned it off...I agreed with Twitter - if you're pulling Wheeler, you can NOT go to Alvarado b/c he got torched the last time in the same way.  It could have been any other reliever, but if you're gonna make the move (which I didn't agree with), it has to be someone else.  That was the unforgiveable error, which the manager didn't make many of this year.

I actually turned the game off after the homer - there was gonna be no coming back from deja vu.  It was gonna be too crushing for a team to see it happen twice.  It did let me get to bed on time.

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What a shitshow

So glad twitter is falling apart 

Funny shit is all the pearl clutching that twitter needs to be protected to protect society....

I am like less relevance such social media sites have on society, its for the best? 

Edited by Torontofan