Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, AJG said:

That Disney streaming service would be MONSTROUS. 

Simpsons, Archer,  Family Guy, Its always Sunny, Bob's Burgers,  Modern Family and more.

I can't even imagine it. 

I suspect they'd want to keep those separate, they're a bit too adult skewing. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect they'd want to keep those separate, they're a bit too adult skewing. 

Weren't they gonna stick ABC Studios on it? Having FOX movies and TV, Disney and Touchstone altogether would be appealing to adults and kids. Add some original content too and you've got a legit Netflix rival. Something you would cancel your Netflix for, not just have as a secondary streaming service. 

Edited by AJG

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Weren't they gonna stick ABC Studios on it? Having FOX movies and TV, Disney and Touchstone altogether would be appealing to adults and kids. Add some original content too and you've got a legit Netflix rival. Something you would cancel your Netflix for, not just have as a secondary streaming service. 

I imagine since FOX the network would still be under 21st Century Fox control, they probably have an agreement not to have anything on the streaming service from Fox TV and that would include The Simpsons, Family Guy etc

Just now, Jonwo said:

I imagine since FOX the network would still be under 21st Century Fox control, they probably have an agreement not to have anything on the streaming service from Fox TV and that would include The Simpsons, Family Guy etc

Don't TV networks just have a say on when the latest season of a show hits streaming not if a show and its older episodes are allowed to stream? Fox the network wouldn't own any of these shows if this deal were to ever happen.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Ugh @ that deal. If they're gonna turn the studio division of Fox into a franchise machine and/or kill Searchlight, they can fuck off right now.

I suspect that if and that's a big if the deal go through, Fox and its sister divisions will be treated as a separate company rather than merged with Walt Disney Pictures. The Fox name and catalogue is still very valuable and they can release films that don't fit the Disney brand.

If the deal happened (again, key word being "if"), I would bet on Fox being their "adult" division like Touchstone was back in the day before it withered away.

But hey, maybe we'll get a half-decent actual Fantastic Four movie now.

Edit: so it isn't happening. Life goes on.

Edited by filmlover