Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 hours ago, aabattery said:

QuarterlyHeartyFugu-size_restricted.gif

My roomie initially thought this porg was sad because Chewie wasn't sharing. He was *very* upset once his gf explained what was actually happening. "OMG. Wtf. That's so dark. Fuck this movie!"

• Haha 3

Okay, job update -

They interviewed me, said they'd push the background check through...and then said that they have too many people between the three stores in town so they can't hire anyone else.

O...k. Am I in reserve hiring? Why....did I even get interviewed? Maybe they had late transfers from other areas but .... what? 

This took three weeks by the way.

Back to square one 🙃 It sucks because my dad quit his job bc they were overworking him (he found another one that's basically door to door insurance salesman) and my mother hates her job so it's just 0/3 in my house. At least we have enough so I can get my other cert, but if the other three + a degree didn't help, why should I even bother 😔

Maybe I can get this internship with T-Mobile, or it's curtains for me.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

Watching Zodiac for the first time in a few years, and there's a weird full-circle feeling in thinking about how much it reminds me of a Netflix series.

Have you watched Mindhunter yet? It's essentially Zodiac: The TV Show.

23 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Watching Zodiac for the first time in a few years, and there's a weird full-circle feeling in thinking about how much it reminds me of a Netflix series.

I sure am glad it came out at a time when it could still be a movie. 

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I sure am glad it came out at a time when it could still be a movie. 

Agreed. I can't imagine any studio financing such a project today.

It's also still incredibly depressing that it got demolished by Wild Hogs, of all things, when it opened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

fucking shit I didn't actually think they could actually get worse

I could write a thesis on the Chainsmokers. Thing is, they're not terrible because of the music, some of it is pretty solid, such as Roses, Waterbed, and Dont Let Me Down. What makes them terrible is literally every-single-song is made for one demographic in mind: 20 year old white sorority girls. Closer is literally the #1 sorority girl theme song and it's a huge gap to #2.

Don't get me wrong, Closer is fun to sing and dance too when you're at the club with alcohol and a girl (pretty sure I did this like two weeks ago), but when you're completely sober driving alone in your car, it's weird.

I feel awkward sometimes blasting them because I'm like the opposite demo of what they look for. They need to break out and expand their range and make it less Phi Kappa Alpha-y. Shit get Migos on a track or something. Get Caribbean Drake. Do something. Bebe Rexha got daggum Florida Georgia Line. I'm not a country person at all, but at least she's getting out her element.

Chainsmokers ft Cardi B. Now that'd be something.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Agreed. I can't imagine any studio financing such a project today.

It's also still incredibly depressing that it got demolished by Wild Hogs, of all things, when it opened.

The irony of course being that Wild Hogs would also be a straight to streaming release these days too, especially if the cast was the same.

6 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I could write a thesis on the Chainsmokers. Thing is, they're not terrible because of the music, some of it is pretty solid, such as Roses, Waterbed, and Dont Let Me Down. What makes them terrible is literally every-single-song is made for one demographic in mind: 20 year old white sorority girls. Closer is literally the #1 sorority girl theme song and it's a huge gap to #2.

Don't get me wrong, Closer is fun to sing and dance too when you're at the club with alcohol and a girl (pretty sure I did this like two weeks ago), but when you're completely sober driving alone in your car, it's weird.

I feel awkward sometimes blasting them because I'm like the opposite demo of what they look for. They need to break out and expand their range and make it less Phi Kappa Alpha-y. Shit get Migos on a track or something. Get Caribbean Drake. Do something. Bebe Rexha got daggum Florida Georgia Line. I'm not a country person at all, but at least she's getting out her element.

Chainsmokers ft Cardi B. Now that'd be something.

This needs to happen :ohmygod: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The irony of course being that Wild Hogs would also be a straight to streaming release these days too, especially if the cast was the same.

Yup. It's the prime example of "Huge Hit with No Shelf Life."