Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Netflix poster is literally a guy staring at his phone in bed with an erection up against it. Why the hell would it be good?

Your literally making it sound like the show is pretty much Ethan's story.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Netflix poster is literally a guy staring at his phone in bed with an erection up against it. Why the hell would it be good?

It appeared under recommended for me under Bojack Horseman. Critics seem to like it. It has an 100% on RT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'd argue the formula doesn't work when you've grown the hell up.

I don't disagree. Even years before it started getting on my nerves that the show thought it had shit to say when it kept proving it didn't.

Edited by cookie

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

And there's only twelve reviews. Well now I know RT is useless for TV reviews.

As always the best way to figure out if you'll like something is to check it out yourself. :)

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

As always the best way to figure out if you'll like something is to check it out yourself. :)

Eh, reviews help a lot.

Like if a big AAA game somehow goes below a 75 on Metacritic that's a good indicator to stay the fuck away from it.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

Eh, reviews help a lot.

Like if a big AAA game somehow goes below a 75 on Metacritic that's a good indicator to stay the fuck away from it.

Well sure if TV shows got $60 like a video game, you might want to check out the reviews or play the demo first.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

but that's a great episode.

South Park is definitely no longer for me if that's considered a great episode.

12 minutes ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

And there's only twelve reviews. Well now I know RT is useless for TV reviews.

RT's television section is absolute garbage. TV critics not only account for far less than movies, but TV critics only get the first couple of episodes, and few get reviews for the second season onwards, so there's no good gauge to tell whether the season as a whole is good or not, and most shows slowly get abandoned as time goes on (Empire Season 1 had 47 reviews, Season 2 33, Season 3 32, the latest only 6). Almost every review there is pretty much for the first 5 or 6 episodes (outside of Netflix stuff, for obvious reasons)

Really, the best way to follow TV is to just follow certain critics (My faves are Alan Sepinwall, Daniel Fienberg, and Todd VanDerWeff)

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1