Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I'm reading this kinda interesting article for school right now about a team of researchers in South Africa who used Wikipedia traffic to forecast box office numbers. Or, at least, to find a correlation between wikipedia traffic and box office numbers.

might as well "Hi I'm DAJK, and I am conducting research on the correlation of number of pages a film's thread generates on BOT, and the domestic box office total of that film"

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm reading this kinda interesting article for school right now about a team of researchers in South Africa who used Wikipedia traffic to forecast box office numbers. Or, at least, to find a correlation between wikipedia traffic and box office numbers.

might as well "Hi I'm DAJK, and I am conducting research on the correlation of number of pages a film's thread generates on BOT, and the domestic box office total of that film"

Did they find a correlation (or anything at all)?

21 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Did they find a correlation (or anything at all)?

They did, but it's flawed logic to a degree (and it's valid to another) 

Kind of like another paper I was reading, which concluded that a higher production budget led to a higher box office revenue. Those results technically "supported" the data (312 of the domestic releases in 2010) but it's flawed logic.

• Like 1