Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, Webslinger said:

I love the solid minute or so of stone silence from the broadcasters after announcing that the Astros had won the pennant. I get networks' reluctance to not seeing a huge market team like the Yankees in the World Series, but every aspect of coverage of the ALCS made it so abundantly clear that everyone from the higher-ups to the broadcasters really wanted the Yankees to win.

Eh, I dunno, I think many broadcasters now grokk what Scully liked to do in big moments: just shut up and let the roars of the crowd tell the story. 

(I don't disagree that Fox as a network probably would've preferred a Yankees/Dodgers series, but I doubt that influenced any specific play-by-play call (or lack of call, as it were.))

• Like 1

Can the mods fix the stupid security question login issue.

It clearly is bugged and does not work makes sense and the site rather unusable.

I do not think a message forum requires a two step verification unless there has been cases of hacking of accounts.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Negan isn't enough for me to watch TWD. I've had enough of the show's bullshit.

I think the show stopped being good after season 4.  I only watch it now because at least its still kinda entertaining schlock.  And Jeffrey Dean Morgan looks like he's having an absolute blast playing Negan.  Before Negan dies though I hope he gets to kill that Kingdom guy with the tiger because fuck that ridiculous cartoon character.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I think the show stopped being good after season 4.  I only watch it now because at least its still kinda entertaining schlock.  And Jeffrey Dean Morgan looks like he's having an absolute blast playing Negan.  Before Negan dies though I hope he gets to kill that Kingdom guy with the tiger because fuck that ridiculous cartoon character.

Stopped being good after season 4?  More like episode 4

Death of stalin. Not thick of it/in the loop level but better than veep. Definitely wasn't afraid to go as dark as it needed to go which is appreciated. Probably the most I've laughed at a movie at the cinema this year but I don't think I've seen many comedies anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

This guy here

giannis-antetokounmpo-mean-mug.jpg

Silly good.  And I'm not a big NBA fan either 

Who is he? I can most likely only name two NBA players. Lebron James and Steph Curry. I do not think he is either of those two players

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia