Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, cookie said:

The last season of South Park was boring af to be honest. Turning the show into season-wide arcs do not work in its favor.

It was. I’m surprised they’re still doing a Cartman/Heidi relationship though.

• Like 1

I love the solid minute or so of stone silence from the broadcasters after announcing that the Astros had won the pennant. I get networks' reluctance to not seeing a huge market team like the Yankees in the World Series, but every aspect of coverage of the ALCS made it so abundantly clear that everyone from the higher-ups to the broadcasters really wanted the Yankees to win.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I looove south park and I honestly can't bring myself to watch any of the new episodes.  Zero interest from me.

It's funny seeing people talk about how it went downhill after it introduced season long arcs. I thought it went downhill long before that, I stopped watching before the arcs even began. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

It's funny seeing people talk about how it went downhill after it introduced season long arcs. I thought it went downhill long before that, I stopped watching before the arcs even began. :lol:

It kinda started to go downhill after season 12 or 13 or so but most episodes were still pretty solid.  The arcs did it in for me though.

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I only watched it occasionally even before that but the season-wide arc highlighted just how much the formula doesn't work outside of singular episodes.

Edited by cookie

Everyone who loves hilaribad stuff owes it to themself to watch AHS Cult. I'm all caught up now, and this shit is WILD. This season has the complexity of a Saw film and introduces random ass plot twists when the story needs to move forward. Information is deliberately held back on numerous occasions just for a twist that has to be explained either after the commercial break or in the next episode. The latest episode was a Lena Dunham spinoff for 80% of the runtime, and at the end of the episode, ANOTHER random ass twist was introduced that they'll have to explain in the next episode. It's bad enough one of the plot threads got sidetracked this episode. It's definitely the worst season of the show yet the most fascinating. 

RE South Park: I watched the season premiere yesterday. I think I'm good for a while.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I haven't watched South Park in almost a decade.

I watched some repeats a few weeks ago of old South Park episodes. Apparently Cartman froze himself to get a Wii and went to the future. Didn't laugh once.

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, cookie said:

I only watched it occasionally even before that but the season-wide arc highlighted just how much the formula doesn't work outside of singular episodes.

I'd argue the formula doesn't work when you've grown the hell up.